For almost 40 years Aero Simulation Inc. (ASI) has provided quality flight training devices to the US Military. ASI has successfully built numerous training systems with a primary focus on aircrew and maintenance training systems. Our current programs include, but are not limited to, the B-1 Training Systems (Air Force), E-2D Training Systems (Navy), CH-53E Training Devices (USMC) and IMOMS (Coast Guard). To learn more about ASI visit Aero Simulation | Products and Services for Commercial and Military Training. To learn more about this opportunity, keep reading!
Before we tell you more about the position we want to tell you why you want a career at ASI!
While your work contributes to ASI’s mission ASI supports you and your family! ASI has one of the most competitive benefits packages in the industry. We offer everything from a flexible work schedule to comprehensive medical, life and voluntary coverage options.
- Competitive Salary!
- Sign-On Bonuses
- Paid Off Time - Increases with years of service
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty Leave and Military Leave
- 401(k) – Company Match
- Year End Shutdown - Enjoy holiday time with family during our company paid year end shutdown period.
- Medical Insurance – ASI pays 100% of Employee premiums plus either spouse or family premiums. After 10 years of service – full family medical premiums are paid 100% by employer.
- Dental Insurance – ASI pays 100% of Employee
- Vision Insurance – Optional (Employee Paid)
- Long Term Disability – ASI pays 100%
- Short Term Disability – Optional (Employee Paid)
- Health Spending Accounts (HSA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Telework/Work From Home: Although none of our positions are 100% remote, ASI has a flexible Work From Home policy. Eligibility depends on position.
- Professional Development: Multiple opportunities for personal and professional development through internal training & certification programs and unlimited access to online learning opportunities.
- Flexible Work Schedules: We believe in work-life balance!
The Electrical Computer Aided Design (ECAD) Specialist draws and details electrical components and complex electric assemblies using AutoCAD software. The Electrical CAD specialist works closely with Electrical Engineering to produce drawings that are accurate, manufacturable, ergonomic, reliable, and maintainable. The primary products of the ECAD Specialist are System Diagrams (Schematics), Wirelists, Cable Drawings and the associated Parts Lists. The ECAD Specialist must also work closely with Electrical Engineering and Electrical CAD groups to ensure the physical and packaging aspects of the electrical components integrate into the overall design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with Electrical Engineering to produce CAD models and drawings of assemblies and details that are manufacturable, ergonomic, reliable, and maintainable. This includes the design of structures, mechanical linkages, electro-mechanical assemblies and top-level assemblies/installations in accordance with Government/Industry standards and Customer specifications.
- Provides support to manufacturing in the form of resolving design and documentation issues during production phases, and documenting changes by creating engineering change documents.
- Supports Electrical Engineering with development of presentation materials for in customer meetings including requirement reviews, design reviews and acceptance testing.
- Support customer events such as configuration audits, etc.
This position often leads to a Electrical Engineering position, or a Functional Management position within the Hardware or Software Engineering entity of our company.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
MID - 3-7 Years
SENIOR - 7+ Years
- Knowledge of the terminology, methods, practices, and techniques of electrical CAD modeling/drawing production software.
- Knowledge of software commonly used in engineering work environments such as Microsoft Windows, MS Office, and Excel.
- Skill in drafting engineering plans of more than ordinary complexity and using CAD System.
- Ability to prepare complex drawings and schematics from rough sketches or oral instructions.
- Possession of inherent mechanical aptitude.
ADDITIONIAL REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and experience with simulators or simulator industry a strong plus.
- Knowledge and proficiency with AutoCAD software, SolidWorks highly desired.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to adapt communication style and messaging to different audiences.
- Possess very good organization and management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, ensuring stakeholder expectations are managed appropriately.
- Ability to work in a project-oriented, fast paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a team environment or independently, as necessary, and be a self-starter who will attack designs and resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail and good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Very good organization and time management skills to support multiple projects in parallel.
Associate Degree in Engineering Technology supplemented by advanced course work in engineering drafting; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Due to contractual requirements must be a United States Citizen
- Must be able to pass an initial background check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active Department of Defense security clearance. Employee/selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information (as required)
- Must be able and willing to travel (CONUS/OCONUS)
- ASI is a Drug Free Workplace where applicants and employees are required to successfully pass pre-employment and Random drug testing.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Required to talk and hear.
- Required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Candidate must be able to work in small confined spaces (simulator cockpits).
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment consisting of offices and cubicles with low to moderate noise and bright or dim lighting. The work is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as external customers.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
ASI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic/civil partnership or marital status, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. We strive for everyone to be valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.
ASI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
It is the policy of ASI to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its Amendments. ASI will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person's physical or mental disability. ASI also will make reasonable accommodation wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with handicaps, disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made are not an undue hardship for ASI.