For almost 40 years Aero Simulation Inc. (ASI) has provided quality flight training devices to the US Military. ASI has successfully built numerous training systems with a primary focus on aircrew and maintenance training systems. Our current programs include, but are not limited to, the B-1 Training Systems (Air Force), E-2D Training Systems (Navy), CH-53E Training Devices (USMC) and IMOMS (Coast Guard). To learn more about ASI visit Aero Simulation | Products and Services for Commercial and Military Training. To learn more about this opportunity, keep reading!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Logistics support for DMSMS, spares provisioning, maintainability and reliability analysis.
- Research, write, and edit project documentation deliverables (e.g. Technical Reference Manuals, Procedures, System Operation & Maintenance Manuals, Instructor Utilization Handbooks, Training System Support Document) in accordance with Data Item Descriptions.
- Manage all aspects of own projects, including planning, researching, writing, review process, coordination of other departmental resources, and publication.
- Work closely with product development teams to ensure accuracy and completeness of information.
- Study drawings, specifications, mock-ups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Review published materials in order to recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Utilize manufacturer's and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to best illustrate material.
- Create/modify illustrations to enhance specified materials or assembly sequence.
- Interpret contract requirements and communicate compliance approach in both verbal and meeting presentation format.
- Assist with creation, duplication, and distribution of material.
- Maintain ongoing collaboration with Logistics customer counterparts to proactively manage expectations and mitigate project risks.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
MID- 4 to 7 Years (A combination of education/experience will be considered)
- Logistics experience providing maintainability/reliability analysis for customers
- Experience in a highly regulated environment
- Proven ability to analyze highly technical information
- Convey information effectively
- Ability to sustain customer rapport
- Interact well within a team environment
- Writing style that focuses on order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Proficiency in using MS Office, Visio, HTML documentation, and Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with AutoCad, SolidWorks, and XML (Arbortext) is desired
ADDTIONAL REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to adapt communication style and messaging to different audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, ensuring stakeholder expectations are managed appropriately.
- Ability to work in a project-oriented, fast paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in common business software (Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook, Power Point, Excel, SharePoint)
- Technical Business or English Degree
- Due to contractual requirements must be a United States Citizen
- Must be able to pass an initial background check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active Department of Defense security clearance. Employee/selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information (as required)
- Must be able and willingness to travel (CONUS/OCONUS)
- ASI is a Drug Free Workplace where applicants and employees are required to successfully pass pre-employment and Random drug testing.
- Typically, employees sit comfortably to do their work, interspersed by brief periods of standing, walking, bending carrying papers and books, and extensive periods requiring the use of computer terminals to accomplish work objectives.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified people with disabilities to perform the job.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment consisting of offices and cubicles with low to moderate noise and bright or dim lighting. The work is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as external customers.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
ASI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic/civil partnership or marital status, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. We strive for everyone to be valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.
ASI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
It is the policy of ASI to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its Amendments. ASI will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person's physical or mental disability. ASI also will make reasonable accommodation wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with handicaps, disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made are not an undue hardship for ASI.