Position Manager, Programming (Urban)
Reports To: Director, Programming
Job Function: Oversee music and video programming for Urban music formats, across all Music Choice products. Drive the Programming team’s digital editorial strategy and curate playlist-based music experiences. Maintain relationships with outside entities.
- Manage all aspects of music and video programming including the building, programming, and scheduling of Urban music audio and video channels. Implement existing programming strategies and philosophies to grow usage of the music channels.
Demonstrate creative, out-of-the-box, solution-based thinking when curating playlist experiences for the Music Choice app, subscription services and:
- Music Choice digital products; Proactively ideate and build hundreds of unique and thematic playlists for Hip-Hop, R&B, and other mainstream formats and trends.
- Identify metrics and perform analysis to define and develop the audience profile for the Urban music formats. Use findings to determine the effectiveness of programming initiatives and relevance to consumer for the platform and genre. This includes understanding usage, competition, and lifestyle of the core audiences.
- Independently propose, create, and execute music-based initiatives that live across all Music Choice platforms; Lead efforts to develop and maintain Programming’s editorial voice and curate experiences that are timely and competitive and align with Music Choice’s brand strategy.
- Owns and manages key music industry relationships, strategic programming partnerships and leverages these relationships into content and artist opportunities to support strategic initiatives and tent-pole programs.
Achieve all of the above primary accountabilities by:
- Managing resources and relationships - internally and externally
- Consistently evaluating processes - recommending changes where necessary
- Communicating throughout organization
- Initiating new, creative ideas
- Having a willingness to be flexible - adapting to new paths
- Being a team player and working cross-functionally
- Copy of vaccination(s) and booster shot(s) cards
- Knowledge of Urban music and video programming and music industry (in general)
- Knowledge of Music Master Scheduling Software
- Understanding of the digital landscape and DSP streaming services
- Computer literate (adaptive to new programs/software, familiarity with Microsoft Office)
- Deadline oriented, with an ability to juggle and prioritize multiple assignments
- Strong communication skills, organization, and attention to detail
- Creative, energetic “out-of-the-box” thinker