Under general supervision of the Program Director the Intake Specialist works to provide support to potential clients as they request the services of the Community Health Corps (CHC) team. The intake Specialist must be a skilled multitasker, coordinating schedules and communications.
· Serve as a “friendly face” and “friendly voice” for Community Health Corps.
· Answer incoming service calls and emails utilizing program templates and documentation standards which capture resident information for processing by the CHC.
· Provide resource information to residents at the direction of superiors.
· Maintain a program call log to appropriately document responses to community members.?
· Interpret and explain information such as eligibility requirements and program process.
· Keep records of assigned cases and prepare required reports.
· Compile, record, and evaluate personal data to verify completeness and accuracy, and to determine eligibility status.
· Ability to utilize electronic systems and forms to correctly capture resident information?
· Ability to work with people in crisis and conflict, including those facing homelessness, financial challenges, mental illness and/or chemical dependency.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Ability to organize, prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment.
· Ability to communicate clearly and professionally verbally and in writing.
· Ability to maintain the confidentiality of clients as well as client information and records.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
· Ability to adapt to change when necessary.
· Proven ability to work in collaborative team environment.
· Knowledge of Word and Excel
Required Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (HSD/GED), An Associated Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
Licenses, Certifications, and Other Special Requirements:?None
Work Environment:?Work is Performed in an office environment.?
The Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC) is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within our organization. DESC actively seeks applications from women, persons of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups.