This is an entry level position that will be a full-time in office.
Who We Are
Here at Interplan, our vision is to create space that celebrates Humanity.
We are on a Mission to be Present with our employees, partners, and clients so that we can deliver a relevant experience and quality drawings. To accomplish this mission, we provide Creativity, Clarity, and Consistency through single-sourced architecture, engineering, and permitting services. How we interact as a team matters, the services that we provide and the way we provide them matters. This is why we were just named as a Top 2022 Architecture and Engineering firm by the Commercial Construction and Renovation Magazine!
We recognize that the more we develop and empower our team, the better we deliver the best possible experience to our clients. And that just makes work feel a little more fun and rewarding for everyone.
It’s our mission to bring the human element to everything we do. We continually cultivate a culture where our clients and employees feel that we care for them, their careers, and their projects and that we will do everything in our power to help them succeed with joy!
What We’re Hiring For
Interplan is a commercial architectural firm founded 50 years ago, specializing in restaurant and retail design work with large nationwide clients. The company has offices in Chicago, Fort Worth, and Orlando. Our Orlando office is growing and we are looking for a Permit Coordinator to join the team! Some of the duties of this position include:
- Assist in preparing submittal packages for various projects
- Make necessary initial or follow-up calls to municipalities as directed
- Effective communication with all parties involved in the project (in house, outside consultants)
- Assist office personnel with code research
- Understand the scope of work and its overall relationship to permitting/approvals
- Contact governing agencies and discuss projects for preparation of feasibility reports, remodel reports and limited scope of work project reports
- Prepare transmittals, e-mails and fax correspondence as directed by department Projects Coordinator or Projects Manager
- Prepare comment/response letters for resubmittal and coordinate the responses with the architectural/civil project manager
- Assist the Permit Lead and Permit Manager in assembling contractor notification packages
- Assist as directed in all other permitting related activities for which the Department is responsible
- Work effectively with various Project Management styles
- Follow up as needed in a timely manner on all issues that arise for a particular project
We are looking for someone to grow with the company and have a path of development to support all candidates.
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous permitting experience a PLUS but not required: relevant customer service experience will be considered
- Minimal knowledge of basic site development procedures, blueprint reading, mathematical skills, and map reading a Plus
- A high level of organizational skills required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Must have a current valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to travel
Compensation & Benefits
- Open and collaborative work environment
- Continuing Education and Professional Development
- Lunch & Learn Seminars
- Active employee lead activities committee
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability and employer paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flex Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health and Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k with Employer Match, Financial Advisor for employees on ongoing Financial Wellness Education
- Performance based Bonus Program