This is a technical buyer position staffed in Cormetech’s Cleveland, TN manufacturing facility. The associate will be responsible for all MRO purchases and some direct material purchases for the Cleveland facility
Responsible for day-to-day purchasing activities required to purchase and expedite stockroom and MRO supplies.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures in all Purchasing and Receiving functions.
• Purchase all MRO supplies for Manufacturing, Maintenance, and Engineering operations.
• Purchase domestically sourced direct materials.
• Follow up on and expedite orders as needed to meet internal & external customer’s needs and to insure no manufacturing down time.
• Maintain Stockroom – label parts, stock shelves, relieve inventory checked out by associates, resolve inventory discrepancies.
• Process Approved Stock Request and Stock Reduction Documents.
• Receiving - open inbound packages, compare packing slips to items received, enter receipts into the appropriate purchasing system, and notify requestor of the receipt or place parts into the correct storage location.
• Identify, recommend and implement cost savings opportunities.
• Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
• Review & process PO/Receipt/Invoice discrepancies. Identify root causes of the discrepancies and implement preventive actions to reduce recurrences.
• Provide reporting and support for Purchasing Manager.
• Lead projects as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
• Additional tasks as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
• Associates Degree in Accounting, Business, Supply Chain Management, or some college
• Prior experience in Purchasing and Expediting in an Industrial / Manufacturing Environment.
• Inventory management and organizational skills.
• Basic computer skills; proficient in Windows, Microsoft Excel, and Word. Access is a plus. Experience with an ERP systems is a plus.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within manufacturing and engineering environment.
• Ability to works under general supervision, self-disciplined and requiring little supervision.