We are looking for a Marketing and Communications Assistant to join our team!
Nestled in 25 acres of beautiful gardens, Philbrook Museum of Art is a 1920s Italianate Villa featuring a dynamic and ambitious program of rotating exhibitions and galleries with selections from an actively growing collection of approximately 15,000 objects. With artworks from Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe dating from 3,000 BCE to today, Philbrook is Oklahoma’s most comprehensive art museum and offers visitors a glimpse into a broad range of cultures, time periods, and perspectives. The diverse collection supports a vision of Philbrook as central to the lives of our community as a place for learning, inspiration, and fun. Through bold action and strategic investment, we create a space for new ideas, diverse perspectives, and social connection.
The Marketing and Communications Assistant is primarily responsible for supporting the Museum’s marketing processes, maintaining production calendars, and assisting with brand enforcement to ensure consistency. In this position, you will build strong relationships with colleagues across the institution by communicating proactively and maintaining a professional demeanor and positive attitude.
What You Will Do:
- Create detailed schedules and set deadlines for various stages of a Communications project.
- Distribute assignments to creative teams and other departments, depending on their availability and priorities.
- Meet regularly with department heads/project leads to learn more about new project details and give progress updates on existing projects.
- Monitor projects and workloads, adjusting assignments and deadlines accordingly.
- Establish and monitor analytics to understand how inbound marketing traffic turns into visitors, members, participants, and donors.
- Collaborate with graphic designers, media producers, and the web content managers to deliver marketing initiatives as advised by the Director of Communications.
- Maintain prompt and reliable attendance to successfully perform duties of the job.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
- At least one year of relevant work-related experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly develop rapport, as well as build and maintain effective long-term relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with the ability to prepare and deliver concise and effective reports/presentations.
- High level of initiative and persistence in completing assignments.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population in a helpful, friendly, and professional manner.
- Must be highly organized and demonstrate great attention to detail.
- Must also possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Art History, Cultural Studies or preferred.
Why You Want to Work for Us? Competitive Salary and Benefits!
- $17.00 - $18.50 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid time off (PTO), Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) retirement plan and matching
For consideration, please submit both a cover letter and resume.
Philbrook provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.