Seneca Park Zoo inspires our community to connect with, care for, and conserve wildlife and wild places through education and conservation action for species survival. Seneca Park Zoo Society has an immediate opening for a forward-thinking Systems Manager who will help define and lead the adoption of new systems and technologies as the Zoo grows and transforms. Come join our mission.
Working Hours: Primarily Monday – Friday. (All Zoo Society staff work some weekends and evenings for Zoo events.)
Direct Supervisor's Name and Title: Pamela Reed Sanchez, President/CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
The primary functions are related to overseeing and maintaining the accuracy, integrity and security of the Society’s databases and computer systems. The information technology function is to, in partnership with our current IT vendor, support all Society departments with their general technology needs.
- Assist maintaining the integrity, confidentiality, and accuracy of all databases.
- Stay current on Salesforce releases, new features, product roadmaps and applications available from 3rd parties on the Salesforce AppExchange.
- Assist with Salesforce platform management tasks such as app evaluations, profiles/org hierarchy design and integration with other systems.
- Facilitate integration between Salesforce and other applications. Other systems include, but are not limited to: Blackbaud’s Altru & Financial Edge, iWave, Shopify, Gateway Ticketing, Apsona, Timo Subscriptions, Mesa Sync, Cuseum, Greater Giving, etc.
- Develop, test, release, and maintain complex workflows rules, validation rules, formulas, custom workflow, process builder, page layouts, custom fields/objects, and other Salesforce customizations
- Develop reports, dashboards, and associated processes. Train and support all teams with the use of all.
- Collaborate with all teams to identify and build improvements, enhancements, and system customizations that solve business needs including events.
- Manage Microsoft 365 environment entirely: Exchange Admin center, Azure AD, Teams Admin, SharePoint Admin, etc.
- Manage VoIP phone system with Windstream and Mitel phones.
- Ensure the accuracy of entry of gifts and related data in all databases.
- Support all Society staff (in partnership and coordination with outside vendors and President/CEO) with their specific information technology new equipment requests.
- Manage updates/maintenance for individual computers and network servers. When necessary, contact various supporting facilities for computer-related needs. Keep an accurate log of IT related expenses and time spent managing IT related responsibilities.
- Maintain files and procedure manual related to position.
- This position requires sitting, walking, standing, speaking, hearing, interacting with general public, visitors and staff. Will work at a computer for extended periods of time. Some lifting and carrying less than 40 pounds.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment with moderate to light noise. Walking to various locations throughout the Seneca Park Zoo will require exposure to outdoor elements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At minimum, bachelor’s degree in an area that supports this position.
- At least 5 years of experience with Salesforce with 2 years as Salesforce Administrator.
- Salesforce Certifications, Salesforce Certified Administrator or Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator are a plus.
- Shopify and Marketing Cloud experience.
- Experience supporting Windows 10 Pro and 11 Pro, Dell systems, HP printers, Mitel IP Phones, Microsoft 365 Admin Center management, Azure AD management, Microsoft Teams management, and SharePoint Administrative management.
- Experience supporting a firewall and multi switch network.
- Computer competency essential, including Microsoft Office, server operations and maintenance and PC hardware essentials is required.
- Database design and best practices experience.
- Basic SQL and HTML experience preferred.
- Familiarity with web hosting, DNS management and domains, WordPress, etc.
- Blackbaud software experience a plus.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS
Demonstrates strong data management, information technology, computer systems, telephone, interpersonal, organizational, time management, customer service, and communication skills. The ability to work well with team members and manage multiple competing priorities and tasks is essential.