OpenLoop is looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our team remotely or at our HQ in Des Moines, Iowa. This role will be a member of the Finance Team, collaborating closely with the Accounting & Finance Manager.
About the Role
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the company in optimizing our financial transactions and systems by performing reconciliation of payments and customer accounts
- Communicate discrepancies to management team, identify slow-paying customers, and recommend collection candidates
- Strengthen and grow relationships with clients by communicating with customers regarding past-due accounts
- Assist in streamlining the accounts receivable process by identifying areas for performance improvement
- Exercise integrity and confidentiality in financial reporting, and comply with national and local financial requirements
- Gather and verify invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment
- Maintain accounts receivable records to ensure aging is up to date, credits and collections are applied, uncollectible amounts are accounted for, and miscellaneous differences are cleared
- Perform daily cash management duties, including the recording of bank deposits, updating and distribution of cash receipt logs, and posting of cash to the accounts receivable sub-ledger
- Monitor and collect accounts receivable by contacting clients via telephone, email, and mail
- Prepare analytical and ratio analyses relevant to A/R so management can gain a better understanding of how collection efforts are progressing
- Support other accounting and finance team members, inventory management, and cost accounting
- Other duties as assigned
OpenLoop was co-founded by CEO, Dr. Jon Lensing, and COO, Christian Williams, with the vision to bring healing anywhere. Our telehealth support solutions are thoughtfully designed to streamline and simplify go-to-market care delivery for companies offering meaningful virtual support to patients across an expansive array of specialties, in all 50 states.
Our Company Culture
We have a relatively flat organizational structure here at OpenLoop. Everyone is encouraged to bring ideas to the table and make things happen. This fits in well with our core values of Autonomy, Competence and Belonging, as we want everyone to feel empowered and supported to do their best work.
We’re based out of Des Moines, Iowa, but we’ve got teammates spread across the US in many departments. Day to day, we collaborate most frequently using Slack, Notion, Linear, Figma, FullStory, and Zoom.
In addition to competitive salaries and equity, this role includes:
- Unlimited PTO — We believe in taking time off (and actually do it).
- Medical, Dental and Vision — Because you, too, deserve access to great healthcare.
- 401K Program — to save for your future.
- Flexible Schedule and Work Policy.
- Team Meet-ups and On-Site Visits — We love our team building in Des Moines!
- The chance to change the future of medicine.
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to meet you.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of experience in accounts receivable required
- Strong mathematical skills
- Understanding of basic principles of finance, accounting, and bookkeeping
- Superb time management and detail orientation
- Proficiency with Google Drive and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company information
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online and accounting ERP systems
- Thorough understanding of basic principles of finance, accounting, and bookkeeping
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Startup experience a plus!