Love working in Human Resources and enjoy working with numbers?
We have a great opportunity where you can do both while growing your HR career and assist us in serving the community.
At Devon Bank, we believe that if you care of your community, your community will take care of you. We are a full-service community bank located in one of the most diverse areas in the country.
Our mission has always been to be the bank that the neighborhood needs—to tailor its service offerings to the particular wants of the community. This means that in addition to offering business and personal banking, commercial, real estate and mortgage loans, trust, international services, and electronic banking services, we also offer customized products, such as faith-based financing.
In addition to a high level of professional service, our service is personalized to the individual needs of our customers and our communities. We know our customers and understand and meet their needs!
As an employer, we provide a welcoming and accepting culture that comes from our desire to make diversity, respect and service a priority. If you are looking to grow your career in Human Resources in a warm, welcoming and inclusive environment, please consider our opportunity!
In this HR role, your focus will be on payroll and benefits, but you will have the opportunity to work in additional areas of Human Resources.
- Learn our payroll process and eventually have the primary role of completing this responsibility every two weeks using Paylocity.
- Provide information on and explain benefits programs such as the 401(k) plan, health, life, and disability plans to employees and dependents. Manage the benefits open enrollment process.
- Learn our ATS (Applicant Tracking System). Post job openings internally. Place external advertisements for open positions. Arrange interview appointments between interviewers and applicants. Conduct phone interviews. Conduct face to face interviews in the future.
- Compile and file information related to applicants and populate and maintain the Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) logs.
- Coordinate and document affirmative action outreach activities.
- For new hires, manage the new hire checklist and coordinate and conduct the onboarding process for new employees, educating them on policies, procedures and benefits. Manage I-9 and background check process.
- With terminations, manage the termination checklist process and may conduct exit interviews.
- Coordinate all required on-line training and other training as needed.
- Set up and maintain personnel records for all employees and scan them into the system.
- Propose and implement improvements in HR processes such as: timekeeping, onboarding, benefits enrollment, recruitment, employee activities and training.
- Work on wellness activities, to include wellness fairs, first aid and wellness seminars.
- Assist with planning employee activities.
- Prior Human Resources experience, at least one to two years, preferably in the areas of payroll and benefits.
- Understand the need to provide Human Resources services to all employees and potential employees with dignity and respect.
- Value the opportunity to work with others who represent a wide variety of cultures.
- Strong detail orientation, with the ability to be highly accurate when completing tasks.
- Interested in developing a long-term career in human resources.
EOE AA - Devon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at HRCommunications@devonbank.com or you may call us at (773)-465-2500.