Job title: Dining Room Supervisor
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Department: Food Service
Reports to: Banquet Manager
The mission of Sandy Cove Ministries is to help people connect with God and each other in order to be transformed into the image of Christ, through His Word, His creation and community.
Position Summary: Ensures that guests are welcomed and provided an excellent meal experience in the Dining Room by preparing for the meal, supervising Wait Staff and meeting guests needs.
General Purpose: To provide leadership in the Dining Room in order to ensure the best dining experience for the guests so that they may better connect with God & each other.
- Personal Relationship with Jesus Christ
- High School Diploma
- Prior customer service and supervisory experience
- Courteous and pleasant, clean and neat in appearance
- Friendly and outgoing; servant attitude
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Monitor the Dining Room and ensure that Wait Staff are completing responsibilities efficiently and accurately (before, during and after each meal)
- Meet with staff prior to meal to lead devotion and/or pray together
- Assign shift duties and stations to Wait Staff
- Ensure menu boards are accurate, group table signs are posted, and that guest count is correct
- Open doors to Dining Room at start of meal and welcome guests along with assigned wait staff
- Provide additional oversight of available food quantity during meals to ensure adequacy for guests
- Coordinate with Kitchen staff to ensure correct timing of food presentation and guest needs
- Ensure proper sanitation procedures are followed for cleanliness and welcoming environment of Dining Room
- Accommodate guest requests and meet needs in best way possible
- Oversee beverage stations by stocking, cleaning and making coffee
- Inspect completed Wait Staff work at end of each shift and ensure the Dining Room is ready for the next meal
- Coordinate with Technical Services, Pantry/Cooks in order to prepare and deliver guest snacks and beverages to special locations
- Communicate with other supervisors of changes information pertinent to their shift
- Enforce departmental and Sandy Cove policy & procedures
- Perform and other reasonable task assigned by supervisor
Essential skills and experience
- General food service knowledge
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent problem solving & decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Desire to grow personally, professionally and spiritually
- Experience working in Not-for-Profit camps or conference centers
- Prior food service supervisory experience
Reporting to this position: Wait Staff (More than 15 employees per shift)
Physical demands of work environment:The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to physically lift up to 50 pounds and will be required to stand & walk for long periods of time and use hands. The ability to see is required to perform the essential job functions.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.