Artisan Design Group – or ADG – is a leading supply chain partner to homebuilders throughout the United States. Over 3,000 ADG employees operating out of 135 facilities in 25 states provide a full range of design, procurement and installation services along with products from the top manufacturers of flooring, cabinets and countertops. Formed in 2016 by the merging of two industry leaders, ADG then acquired over 20 additional companies – each a leader in the geography it serves. We are the premier interior finishings organization in the United States. Our expansive trajectory has been rapid, and we continue to experience explosive growth, thanks to our dedication to high quality work.
The IT Senior/Manager, Internal Controls will be responsible for defining and implementing a leading practice internal control environment and driving a control conscious and compliant organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Support the full management of internal controls over financial reporting cycle, including annual top-down scoping and risk assessment.
- Develop and maintain COSO Framework Structure and establishment of Risk and Controls Matrices, including annual documentation refresh and design evaluation.
- Lead the controls remediation program with efficient and effective tracking and reporting of deficiencies through remediation and Internal Audit testing / monitoring.
- Establish self-testing and continuous controls monitoring to help accounting teams mature control operation. This includes coaching, mentoring, and training of accounting personnel.
- Segregation of Duties (SOD) oversight and remediation and overall conclusions.
- Acquisition / integration and divestiture / separation activities including transition to standardized / harmonized SOX risk and control matrices (RCMs).
- Actively participate on compliance areas including fraud and enterprise risk management.
- Establish and maintain a continuous improvement culture/posture including establishing methodologies, prioritization, influencing, and sponsoring initiatives originating from the controllership and active leadership/participation/execution on End-to-End assessment with Process Owners and Leads interaction especially as it relates to Internal Control Over Financial Reporting.
- Manage special projects identified by the Head of Internal Audit to find strategic solutions to issues facing a large growing domestic company. This includes participation in control design / redesign work due to transactions.
- Act as a liaison to the external auditors to assist in their completion of efficient audit(s) including the integrated audit, among others (e.g., statutory audits, benefit plan audits, etc.).
- Manage the development of future-state process flow diagrams and risk-control matrices.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other relevant areas of study required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- CISA, CIA, CPA, PMP, CISM, CRISC, CIPP/IT certifications a plus.
- 4 – 7+ years of experience with functional and technical aspects of IT compliance and auditing principles, preferably with a reputable firm or with the internal audit department.
- Experience in creating documentation of IT processes (User Access Administration, Change Management, Security, Backup and Recovery etc.)
- Experience with designing, implementing, testing of internal controls and implementing remediation plans.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT General Computer Controls, including Information Security, Information System Operations, Vendor Management, Business Continuity, Networks, Database, System Software, Hardware, and Application Development control.
- Experience with determining impact of ITGC to business processes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at a computer for prolonged periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan (with company matching)
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.