Come join our growing team! Saco & Biddeford Savings provides competitive pay & benefits. Our employees can enjoy low cost medical insurance premiums, free dental and vision insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, a 401K employer contribution and match, student debt repayment, employer HSA contributions, a wellness program... and much more!
This position is responsible for accurately performing a variety of duties within the Payment Operations Department which includes ACH, Wires, Statements, Return/Exception Item processing, controls for Internal/External Transfers, Item Processing and ATM/Merchant/Remote Deposit Capture. In addition, this position performs lead duties as assigned by the Department Manager.
- Provides professional, courteous and efficient service and support to all internal customers.
- Performs daily ACH operational tasks including; Receiving ACH files from the Fed and processing non-posted items and notifications of change; Marks and Processes ACH return items; Researches and processes all social security and civil reclamation requests, and death notifications; Assists the Accounting Department with the ACH reconciliations; Processes customer auto enrollments for social security benefits.
- Performs daily Domestic and Foreign Wire Transfer operational tasks including; Receives and processes wire transfer requests; Verifies/performs quality control
- Performs quality control for internal and external transfers, monitors daily reports for failed transfers, communicates to appropriate areas and enters requests for cancelation of records.
- Participates in testing of Payment Operations business processes on the core banking system during annual software releases, enhancements and new product development as needed.
- Assists in the creation, review and updating of departmental procedures.
- Performs daily Item Processing operational tasks including: Download and verification of all daily report, check and teller ticket image files into archive system, as well as quality control of all daily images, manual OTC match routine and correcting items indexed incorrectly; Download of all daily inclearing, outgoing (batch posting), return item, mobile and merchant cash letter posting files. Download and review daily adjustments, works with internal customers to research and correct errors; Processes daily inclearing(on-us) and FED Day 2 returned check items, creates and remits return item cash letter(s), and processes customer chargebacks; Processes and renders all monthly Checking and Savings account statements, reviews/repairs crippled statements, prepares and transmits for print/mail distribution and e-Statement loading; Reviews daily signatures for appropriateness of large dollar on-us checks; Receives all non U.S. Checks from branches and prepares for deposit; Reviews ATM, Mobile and Merchant Capture deposits and accepts/rejects items/deposits; Performs archive system basic maintenance, such as operating system backups and cold storage report management; Reviews daily stop payment reports and performs quality control.
- Complies with and stays knowledgeable of federal and state banking regulations, as well as with all bank and department policies and procedures.
- Reviews, verifies and approves/rejects all estatement and e-notice files for release to customers.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties or special assignments as required or assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains required record retention for Wire, ACH and Check processing
- Performs customer research for all court ordered subpoenas, as well as large customer requests.
- Attends all required meetings and ongoing training.
- Commitment to ongoing learning.
- Serves on various teams and committees as assigned.
Position Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Four + years of experience in retail banking; previous teller experience or item processing experience preferred.
- Solid knowledge of retail banking and electronic banking operations and procedures.
- Possess a solid understanding of ACH, Wire and the Federal Reserve Settlement Process.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Interacts harmoniously, professionally, cordially and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Strong ability to perform in a fast paced, time sensitive environment. Proven ability to adapt to changes in priorities quickly and deliver quality work during times of increased volumes.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Operational competency using Microsoft Office suite; Proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel and other Windows based applications; comfortable learning new software.
- Possess a high level of accuracy and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to read/see documents and computer screens, to communicate in person and via the telephone and use a computer and other office equipment.
- Is dependable and conforms to punctuality and attendance standards.
- Able to travel to all bank locations.
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Extensive operation of computers and other office equipment requiring dexterity and coordination and frequent use of hands.
- Normally seated with freedom of movement on a regular basis.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
Those holding this position must be capable of performing all duties and responsibilities, either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation, as determined by management.
The Bank has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the bank reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Bank may deem appropriate.