SUMMARY: Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
• Monitor and report the daily performance of computer systems.
• Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
• Set up equipment for employee and customer use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
• Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
• Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
• Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
• Maintain records of daily communications, transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
• Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
• Prepare evaluations of software or hardware and recommend improvements or upgrades.
• Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
• Modify and customize commercial programs for internal needs.
• Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
• Assist with automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, space design, or cost comparison analysis
• Document and maintain inventory of assets and equipment
• Provide technical support, transport and setup equipment for offsite events
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Associates degree in Information Technology or a related field of study, and relevant experience in an IT help desk support environment as specified below; or equivalent combination of education / training / experience.
Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License – Position requires field work.
Background check and drug screen required.