Estimator Precision Manufacturing
MDC Precision https://www.mdcprecision.com/ is a world leader in delivering high-quality products to the research, semiconductor, aerospace, life sciences, and food processing sectors.
Our customers rely on us to provide the precision components that are required for the operation at the atomic scale. We enable innovation by bringing our expertise in vacuum science, ultrapure and ultra-hygienic materials fabrication, ceramic-to-metal sealing along with our design and manufacturing partnerships- all to enable science to change the world for the better.
*Functions & Responsibilities:*
- Perform cost estimating functions and technical support for custom vacuum chambers and modifications of catalog items.
- Review blueprints, plans, and other customer documents to develop and prepare quotations
- Propose manufacturing process, material size, and/or outside process to reduce cost and improve lead time
- Provide technical services to clients relating to the use, operation, and maintenance of components
- Work directly with engineering, planning, production, sales, and finance
- Work with potential/current suppliers to explore cost reduction and improve the capability
- Cost analysis, reconciliation of estimated cost to actual cost
- Utilize company software to develop costs, product structure, and routings
- Develop technical documentation as needed in support of catalog, web, and technical manual publications
- Understand statement of work provided by the customer and ensure quote abides by these specifications
- Write a statement of work documents and understand deviations/exceptions
- High school diploma or GED minimum
- College or technical school preferred
- A combination of education and related work experience preferred
- 5-7 years of experience
- Hands-on experience in precision welding or machining preferred
- Microsoft Office skills are mandatory. Must be good with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX beneficial in the candidate selection process is preferred
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Job Type: Full-time
$70,000 - $85,000