Hillel Day School seeks a motivated, self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills, who is passionate about bringing students and their parents into the Hillel community. The successful candidate for the Admissions Associate position will have an understanding of, and embrace, Hillel’s mission, values, and history with the ability to enthusiastically convey these and the Hillel experience to prospective parents and students in personal interactions. He or she must bring energy, creativity, a positive attitude, and integrity to the position. The Admissions Associate, in conjunction with the Advancement Team, is responsible for managing the prospective student/family admissions experience, current family retention, and supporting the marketing initiatives of Hillel.
The Associate must be able to conduct engaging campus tours and must be highly organized and energized by a fast-paced work environment and enjoy the challenges and opportunities of working with many different constituencies.
The Associate will work collaboratively with colleagues within the Advancement Office, as well as within other departments throughout Hillel, to develop strong relationships with constituents both inside and outside of Hillel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and recruit mission-appropriate students to ensure that admission goals are met
- Lead dynamic and engaging visits for prospective families that showcase the school, faculty, educational program, mission and vision
- Develop and implement programs to build connections with prospective families, current families, newly enrolled families, and ECC families
- Collaborate in the planning and implementation of admission-focused events, marketing, social media, advertising, etc. in cooperation with Advancement team
- Help develop and implement programming designed to engage prospective families with the school and build a strong and meaningful community
- Effectively communicate and build relationships with prospective families, feeder schools, educational consultants, etc.
- Participate in all facets and phases of the enrollment process, including fielding inquiries, and conducting on/off-campus tours and interviews
- Manage the input and export of data into the admission database, including entry and tracking of inquiries, applications, supporting documents, and decisions using our application management system (Blackbaud)
- Work with and motivate the Parent Ambassador program to promote positive word of mouth marketing internally and externally
- Provide outstanding customer service to prospective and current families, in person, on the telephone, and via digital communication throughout the entire process, from inquiry through enrollment
- Represent Hillel at off-site admissions events