SynTerra is looking for an experienced environmental professional to lead our PFAS environmental services. The successful candidate will have experience consulting on PFAS, with thorough knowledge on PFAS chemistry. This position requires the ability to work independently on specific tasks and in collaboration with clients and other environmental professionals. SynTerra offers opportunities to manage projects, communicate with clients and present or publish work through science conferences and peer-reviewed journals. The position could be based out of our Charlotte, NC office or Cary, NC office, with potential for occasional remote work.
- Serve as company technical lead for SynTerra's PFAS environmental services.
- Supervise staff field operations, including methodology and QA/QC.
- Monitor and anticipate federal and state regulation updates.
- Monitor analytical methods development.
- Develop business with environmental attorneys, municipalities, and industrial clients.
- Prepare presentations at conferences or symposiums.
- Work collaboratively with project teams to deliver accurate and timely work products.
- Prepare documents such as letters, memoranda, proposals, work plans and investigative reports.
- Support business development; including bringing in new clients and obtaining repeat business from existing clients, leading proposal preparation, and developing and implementing a business development plan.
- Capitalize on the expanding market in NC and the southeastern US for PFAS assessment and remediation services.
- Provide technical oversight and mentorship to junior staff
- Master’s degree in an environmental science, geology, chemistry, geochemistry or environmental science discipline required.
- At least 10 years of work experience in an environmental consulting or regulatory environment (with focus on PFAS and other sites with contaminated soil, groundwater, surface water or sediments for industrial clients, municipalities, and law firms).
- Sufficient credentials/experience with PFAS to provide expert witness testimony.
- Experience with flow and transport modeling experience is a plus.
- Ability to present to scientific, regulatory and public audiences.
- Must feel comfortable communicating technical concepts with staff, attorneys and clients.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
- Working knowledge of relevant state and federal environmental regulations.
- Experience working on legally sensitive projects.
- OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license and qualified to operate a vehicle under the conditions of SynTerra’s Vehicle Procedure.
- Ability to pass drug and background screening.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
SynTerra is an equal opportunity employer.
Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, including, but not limited to, lactation, or any other characteristics protected by law, unless a bona fide occupational qualification applies.