SynTerra is looking for an Industrial Hygienist who can offer our clients their expertise. You should have 3-5 years’ experience with projects related to asbestos, lead-based paint, microbial assessments, indoor air quality, and other industrial hygiene projects. This position requires the ability to work independently on specific tasks and in collaboration with clients and other environmental professionals and requires the ability to travel to remote project sites.
An additional skill set as a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) practitioner is also sought, but not required. Expertise with Phase I and Phase II ESAs and meeting the requirements of an Environmental Professional per E1527-21 is a plus.
Responsibilities: (The following is a list of responsibilities of this position but is not intended to cover all duties that this position may be required to perform from time to time.)
• Provides outstanding client services for projects within the Property Services business unit and across other business lines as needed.
• Understands client objectives and develop plans to inform solutions to those objectives.
• Responsible for managing multiple projects and meet timing requirements that frequently adjust.
• Prepares a wide variety of recurring and nonrecurring correspondence, reports, proposals, and other documents from information obtained from the staff, files, and other sources.
• Independently notes and follows-up on professional commitments made at meetings, or as affected by other staff members, coordinates meeting arrangements, and schedules meetings, conferences, etc.
• Creates a variety of quality outputs in a professional and timely manner.
• Independently performs a variety of technical duties.
• Serves as a fully qualified team member in field activities as needed and/or office projects.
• Effectively communicates with internal and external clients.
• Provides accurate, detailed, and high-quality products.
• Complies with all current policies and procedures of SynTerra.
• Complies with all Health and Safety training to maintain a safe working environment.
• Other duties as assigned by the Business Unit Leader or their designee.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• South Carolina Asbestos; Inspector, Air Sampler, Designer, and Management Planner.
• Accredited Lead Inspector and Risk Assessor.
• Mold Inspector training certificate.
• Phase I Environmental Site Assessment and Phase II Environmental Site Assessment experience.
• Ability to meet the requirements of an Environmental Professional per E1527-21 is a plus.
• Experience with EPA Brownfield Grant program a plus.
• Software proficiency (including but not limited to): Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong written and oral communication skills for all levels of technical understanding.
• Strong organizational skills.
• 40 hr. OSHA HAZWOPER trained a plus.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
• The Industrial Hygienist must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time paying close attention to detail.
• The Industrial Hygienist’s work environment does not require much physical movement. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
• This position is an office environment. There may be occasional trips to customer sites required in this job, where dust and noise may be present.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
SynTerra is an equal opportunity employer.
Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, including, but not limited to, lactation, or any other characteristics protected by law, unless a bona fide occupational qualification applies.