Artisan Design Group – or ADG – is a leading supply chain partner to homebuilders throughout the United States. Over 3,000 ADG employees operating out of 135 facilities in 25 states provide a full range of design, procurement, and installation services along with products from the top manufacturers of flooring, cabinets and countertops. Formed in 2016 by the merging of two industry leaders, ADG then acquired over 20 additional companies – each a leader in the geography it serves. We are the premier interior finishings organization in the United States. Our expansive trajectory has been rapid, and we continue to experience explosive growth, thanks to our dedication to high quality work.
The role of ETL Developer will work with the Enterprise Data Governance Team to get a big-picture overview of the company’s data storage needs and roadmap. Beginning in January 2023, this position will play a pivotal role with the ERP Implementation Project. Responsibilities of this role will include oversight of the current consulting ETL role as well as taking on all project related responsibilities for developing data transformations. The current tools in use are Alteryx and Matillion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with developers to provide advice and support.
- Conduct preliminary testing of the warehousing environment before data is extracted.
- Design and code the data warehousing system to desired company specifications.
- Develop and implement ETL and ELT (Data Lake) processes.
- Develop and maintain integration tools and utilities.
- Extract company data and transfer into the new warehousing environment.
- Perform root cause analysis and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Provide maintenance support, as needed.
- Test databases and troubleshoot issues.
- Test the new storage system once all the data has been transferred.
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS in Computer Science or related field experience
- 6 + years of relevant ETL work along with strong scripting skills especially SQL, Alteryx
- Experience working with cloud technology, specifically Snowflake
- Experience interfacing with business users & understanding their requirements
- Knowledge of industry leading ETL practices and tools (PowerBI, Informatica, Talend Matillion, Alteryx, Hadoop, and Cloud DW solutions)
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions including data security
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influences the way data is moved & transformed
- Industry-standard technology certification is a plus
- Strong SQL coding experience
- Ability to learn and implement new & different techniques
- Project Management Skills
- Strong Analytical & Problem Solving Skills
- Team-Oriented; Collaborative
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.