United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. We are working to make sure all individuals in Utah are secure, economically mobile, and thriving. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, continuous improvement, equity, and results. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and hybrid, flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world and giving everyone in our community an equitable opportunity to live their best life.
Support teams to use data for decision-making and action
- Help teams to design and build standard reports and visualizations. Provide hands-on support to analyze those reports to pull out insights, and to use those insights to guide short-term decision making and longer-term strategy.
- Work across all departments to identify and anticipate data needs, build solutions, and guide people to use those solutions to act.
- Work with the management team to maintain and promote the use of organizational dashboards to make progress against strategy and key metrics visible and actionable.
- Translate business requirements into technical designs to inform structure and content of database reports.
- Simplify complex data into understandable stories, run charts, and insights. Create dashboards, data visualizations and other tools as needed in support of all teams’ primary tasks.
Lead the implementation of strategy related to data systems
- Gather input across departments, map processes, and problem-solve adaptive and technical challenges on an ongoing basis.
- Foster business ownership within other departments related to technology tools.
Foster a culture of data across the organization
- Act as an internal coach on data and technology systems in support of all departments’ primary tasks.
- Find and create opportunities to build data literacy at all levels of the organization.
- Develop user facing documentation and Learning Management Systems courses.
- Keep current on technology updates and best practices, acting as an internal source of expertise.
Lead the organization’s training and policy recommendations related to IT security and data privacy
Other duties as assigned
The position is a full-time, exempt position with full benefits. $68,800 – 97,700. Salary/wage to commensurate with experience.
- Project coordination. Can work with others to identify a project goal and the steps and resources needed to get there. Interest in working with project management software to coordinate technology-centric projects from pre-planning to post-completion review.
- Possesses enough self-awareness and self-management to engage others meaningfully toward action.
- Plans and Aligns. Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments that are aligned with organizational goals. Works to understand organizational goals and their contributions to them.
- Proactive and comfortable in data tracking, documentation, and updates. Understands concepts of data processes and measurements. Willingness to learn and use new data systems and processes.
- Tech Savvy. Anticipates and adopts innovations in business building digital and technology applications.
- Ensures ccountability. Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. Identifies and Balances Stakeholder Interests. Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- End-user Focus. Builds strong relationships with end-users, engages them in design and testing, and delivers user-centric solutions.
- Manages Complexity. Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems, data analytics, statistics, or a relevant field OR equivalent experience
- 3 – 4 years' experience working with and configuring relational databases.
- Experience using declarative technology tools, such as workflow builder in Asana or Salesforce, to automate business processes.
- Ability and interest in self-learning technology tools.
- Experience working with revenue and operational datasets.
- Expert in building reports and visualizations using business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Business Objects, or Salesforce.
- Experience working with sensitive data and compliance standards (examples would be HIPAA-protected data, student data, etc.)
The team member is regularly required to communicate clearly, and exchange accurate information interpersonally or through communication devices. Must be able to learn new systems and procedures, prepare and analyze data and figures, constantly operate a computer and other standard office machinery. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 65% of the time. The position requires occasional movement on- and offsite to attend meetings and presentations. Must be able to move light items such as paper, laptops and presentation materials up to 15lbs.