Do you want to work in the forefront of vehicle control and automation?
For MAXIMATECC’s sister brand CrossControl we are looking for a Field Application Engineer for the North American market.
CrossControl develops and supplies HMI displays and Onboard computers for off-highway vehicles in markets like Agriculture, Construction, Material Handling, Marine etc. Customers are large vehicle OEM brands like Deere, CNH and Caterpillar but also mid-market OEMs like Ditch Witch and Link-Belt Cranes. The business is growing rapidly, and we need to expand our Field Application Engineering organization globally.
Our display and on-board computing products are multifunctional and freely programmable platforms. Based on our software platform, customers implement a wide spectrum of HMI and operator support functionality, like instrumentation, vision systems, process control, guidance, and automation. Our products are based on the latest ARM and X86 technologies and we also integrate AI acceleration capabilities to support advanced functionality like Object Detection.
See www.crosscontrol.com for more information on products & technology.
As Field Application Engineer you work closely with control system and software engineers in the customer organization, building understanding of wanted system functionality and showcasing how our products and platforms can satisfy those needs, both from a hardware and software perspective.
Our software platform has several levels: Embedded software, Linux OS, application toolchains like Qt, HTML5 and CODESYS and software modules with pre-packaged functionality. Each customer can choose which level to base his solution on and as Field Application Engineer you guide the customer in adopting the preferred level of the platform.
We are offering a position with great variation on the job, working with a wide spectrum of HMI display and computing solutions, across various machine applications. Your closest colleagues are commercial Sales managers who you team up with in front of the customer. You are backed up by back-office SME engineers and you work closely with our Product Management team, feeding back Voice Of Customer to shape our product roadmap for the future.
- Analyze customer technical needs and pain points
- Showcase product capabilities, how our product can solve customer needs, using sample products with standard or customized demos
- Provide getting-started training to customers in how to use our products, especially the different levels of our software platform
- Support customer in the in-design process, finding solutions on how to best use our platform
- Act as first-line technical support, leveraging our online ticketing system as well as SME design engineers in hardware and software
- Acquire and analyze Voice of Customer information to formulate business cases that drive new product development
- Acquire market knowledge and competitive intelligence through customer communication and industry research
- Provide clear and accurate external & internal reporting and communications
- Comprehensive health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, etc.) for positions of 30 hours or more per week
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contribution
- Company provided Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Spousal Life, Child Life, Critical Illness, Accident, and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) with matching contribution that is fully vested from day 1
- Generous amount of PTO, plus 14 paid Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunity
- $250 in Lifestyle Reimbursement Account upon completion of annual physical
- Wellness program with monthly themes, quarterly challenges, onsite flu shot clinics and biometric screenings
- Clean and safe work environment
- Academic degree in software engineering/mechatronics/automation
- Experience in C/C++ or other object-oriented language. HTML5 or Qt experience is meriting as well as familiarity with Linux.
- Experience in debugging code and discovering software issues
- Experience from technical sales in industrial electronics is meriting.
- Demonstrated record of independently managing multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, both oral and written, demonstrated by the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external sources
- Strong interpersonal skills required to build and maintain excellent business relationships with customers and company resources
- Ability to travel within the United States and Canada 50% of the time
- Computer literacy and analytical skills must be above average, including experience with Microsoft suite of products