Fairstead is a vertically integrated real estate company specializing in affordable and mixed-income housing. Since 2014, Fairstead has acquired and/or developed more than $4 Billion of multifamily property across the country, and today owns a portfolio of 16,500 apartments in 18 states. The company’s comprehensive platform provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design and construction, energy and sustainability, property management and social services.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values
The Vice President reports to the President of Property Management and is a member of Fairstead Management’s Senior Leadership Team. S/He/They are a highly collaborative solutions-oriented leader with influencing capability able to align the property management strategy with the business strategy. Vice President, Operations must be a strategic doer, demonstrating ingenuity and collaboration throughout the organization. Empathy and strong interpersonal skills are essential. S/He/They must be compassionate, self-aware, and able to skillfully manage their emotions and those of others.
The Senior Vice President will monitor and evaluate Fairstead portfolio performance and provide analytical support to the property budget development and review process, assess portfolio and team operations to identify improvements in process and business efficiencies. S/H/They will lead all property takeovers and oversee support services. Vice President will oversee 3-5 Vice President and other support staff to assigned teams.
- Lead the property takeovers, coordinating the various moving parts of the program with all relevant internal parties, developing SOPs and best practices for the takeover program
- Conduct activities ensuring takeover milestones are on schedule, tasks within the program are completed and information is documented timely, accurately and completely
- Partner with other departments within Fairstead (Accounting, IT, Compliance, Development, Design and Construction, Legal etc) as needed for coordination of takeover activities
- Schedule and lead meetings with internal and external parties as it relates to the property takeovers
- Provide assistance in completing any documentation for ownership or agencies that might be required for the takeover
- Follow up with appropriate parties if any milestone information is missing and ensure information is collected as to not impact the takeover schedule.
- Assists Development staff and soliciting and evaluating investor proposal for new developments - acquisitions.
BUSINESS EFFICIENCIES AND PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS
- Identifies property management problems and areas of improvement; develops and recommends solutions; and drives for resolutions
- Create and revise standard operating procedures across the portfolio which optimize operations, reduce costs, and ensure a consistent delivery experience, based on the changing needs within the organization
- Collaborates with other executives and SVPs to recommend on business strategies to ensure company growth and stability.
- Ensures consistency in the property management approach being used across the entire managed portfolio.
- Collaborates within management to help identify needs and propose solutions.
- Reviews property budgets and long-term capital plans for assigned portfolio
- Prepares objectives, key results, and quarterly check-ins for staff on a timely basis.
- Guides and support S/He/Their team members, conducts staff performance evaluations.
- Oversee strategic real estate portfolio management, facilities transactions, Cap ex improvements, REAC and agency inspections, and workplace operations.
- Partners with VP, Facilities, VP Social Services and VP Security to create and monitor budgets, annual maintenance and social services programs, security operations and teams across the portfolio
- Experience in a managerial or executive role in the hospitality or real estate industry.
- Experience in residential real estate preferred
- Strong experience in project management, organizational management, leadership, and business efficiencies and process improvements.
- Strong understanding of business functions (Sales, Engineering, etc.).
- Demonstrates ability and proven track record in analytics, strategic planning, decision making, and implementation.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or relevant field.
- Proven ability to effectively manage and control significant operating and capital budgets, as well as train and delegate budget management responsibility and accountability to appropriate staff, is required.
- The ability to create, delegate and monitor operational plans and objectives for the Property Management function is required.
- Proficiency in negotiations, with a great knowledge of corporate legislation and company guidelines.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and strong team player.
- Extremely organized, punctual, and goal-driven