Delta Dental of Iowa is looking for outstanding candidates for an Executive Assistant to provide executive administrative support to the Board of Directors of Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation (DDIAF) and the public affairs team. You will serve as a liaison between staff, the Board of Directors, and external contacts for public affairs team; gather, prepare and distribute meeting materials and meeting minutes for the Board of Directors; and provide executive administrative support to the Executive Assistant, Boards, as requested. You are highly organized and detail oriented and will use discretion and confidentiality in handling information at all levels of the organization including the Board.
Delta Dental of Iowa provides dental and vision insurance to more than 1 million Iowans. As a not-for-profit insurance company, our mission is to improve the health and smiles of the people we serve. We give back to Iowa communities by supporting and funding health and wellness initiatives that make a measurable difference in the overall health of underserved Iowans. Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Love where you work!
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Provide executive / administrative support to the Foundation Board of Directors and the public affairs team.
- Compile meeting materials for Board, Executive Committee and ad hoc meetings and manage distribution of packets to Board members prior to Board, Executive Committee and ad hoc meetings. Facilitate annual meeting needs such as policies and board waivers for signature, Director meeting remuneration and initiate Director personal expense reimbursement process. Serve as Board Portal administrator and in that capacity manage user accounts, Board and Executive Committee meeting materials, reports and data and system settings. Assist with orientation of new board members and facilitate compliance needs such as acknowledgement of corporate and DDIAF board policies. Track board policies for review and updates.
- Serve as primary support to the VP Public Affairs and Board Secretary at the Foundation Board of Directors’ meetings, take Board meeting minutes and prepare draft minutes in an organized format. Combine finalized individual presentations for presentation to the Board. Assist the VP, Public Affairs with the Annual Board Planning Retreat, planning and coordination of Board and team events and meetings, and provide support to facilitators, outside speakers, and consultants to ensure their requirements are met.
- Coordinate and prepare corporate travel arrangements and itineraries as requested for the board member, consultants, and public affairs team according to travel plans.
- Provide assistance with meeting schedules, calendar maintenance, and contact list updates for the Board and public affairs team. Review and prioritize mail and maintain follow-up system on action mail.
- Draft correspondence for the VP and take responsibility for certain ongoing communications.
- Assist in the coordination of the loan repayment program selection committee activities. This includes: setting up the annual selection meeting; notifying the committee of meeting logistics; assembling and distributing all related background materials to the committee.
- Administer Foundation check request process and maintain accurate and timely documentation for the online grant management system. Maintain current filing and organization of various files/record retention/notebooks with supporting documents.
- Track and process approved Foundation grant requests, manage material order requests for community benefit as requested and assist with the maintenance of the department’s Influencers List. Process employee contributions to the Corporate Contribution Matching Program, assist with documenting sponsorship and non-dental related grant requests for review by the Community Relations Committee and assist with check requests and event registrations resulting from the review.
- Track, order and stock inventory for all designated departments including fulfilling orders as approved; stay abreast of new available materials, and be responsible for inventory to replenish (i.e. toothbrushes, Dentist by 1 supplies, etc.).
- Code invoices and prepare and track credit card reports for the team. Manage calendars. Respond to both phone and visitor requests. Schedule meetings and conference rooms, set-up teleconference meetings and prepare meeting equipment needs, prepare agendas, plan lunch and dinner arrangements, and as requested by management, purchase and prepare gift requests.
- Assist as needed with administrative and other duties for the Executive Assistant, Boards.
- Handle highly sensitive, confidential, and non-routine information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5-years of successful experience in an executive assistant role
- Board of Director administrative experience strongly preferred.
- Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills and excellent judgment.
- Must be able to assist in preparation of presentations and correspondence.
- Must possess initiative, be highly adaptive, and possess ability to work independently while efficiently managing multiple tasks and comfortable juggling tasks from the mundane to the strategic.
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Must possess strong computer skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and a professional manner.
- Must be able to function efficiently under pressure and prioritize workloads while working with deadlines.
- Must be comfortable handling confidential information.
- Must be able to travel as requested for board meetings/functions.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
EEOC Poster Supplement