Vydia is an end-to-end music technology platform that provides labels with the infrastructure and tools to power their business. With a full suite of services, Vydia offers video and audio supply chain, global distribution, performance analytics, rights management, automated payments, detailed revenue reporting, and marketing services. Vydia is a premium partner of leading digital service providers such as Spotify, Apple, TikTok, Vevo, YouTube, and Facebook. Combining innovative technology with industry expertise, Vydia is distribution reimagined. To learn more, please visit vydia.com
The Impact You Will Make:
You will be joining a small, but growing team, with the opportunity to provide high-impact on various initiatives the company will outline over the next few years.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with design and product partners to drive the team’s goals forward
- Build reusable front-end components and capabilities (such as integrations with APIs and design systems)
- Work with an array of front-end technologies such as React, TypeScript, CSS, build-tools and more.
- Help drive/Promote UI architecture and technical decisions
- Lead design reviews utilizing knowledge and research on UI/UX standards and best practices
- Work within our custom React/Ruby app to build and maintain features
- Technical Architecture Design - Help to design code and database structures and patterns that are maintainable, scalable/extensible, efficient, reusable, readable and meet business needs.
- Implement well-tested code that fails gracefully
- Continued enhancement of our Server Monitoring/Logging/Alerting systems.
- Analyze performance and architect solutions.
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs
- Perform code reviews and collaborate with other engineers
- Work closely with Product Managers to meet business requirements
- Participate in Sprint meetings and processes
- Write and maintain documentation
- Actively participate in the expression of new ideas to help enhance the technology, business, and team.
- Actively enhance skills needed to perform job duties and progress on career growth path
- Take ownership of projects - Plan new features by developing and documenting phases to get us from MVP to polished, and tasks needed for each phase. This will only start after
- Participate in the rotating tech on call schedule (currently once every 7 weeks). This will only start after several months of demonstrated understanding and will begin with shadowing.
What We Are Looking For:
- A friendly, collaborative, and passionate team player
- 2+ years of UI/UX design experience
Nice to Haves:
- Experience using Figma
- Background in Design or related field.
- Experience with GraphQL
What You’ll Get From Us:
First and foremost, you’ll get an environment where there is an emphasis on individual growth, experimentation, and ownership. You’ll find a team that is focused on creating a great experience for our clients, partners, and coworkers alike. And lastly, from technical education to career growth, you will be given the mentorship needed to excel.
We also believe that work/life balance is key to a productive and successful team.
You’ll get top-notch benefits including:
- Full medical/dental/vision package and wellness plans
- 401k retirement and financial wellness plans
- 8 weeks fully paid parental leave
- Flexibility to work from home: We’ll ship you a laptop and provide onboarding and introductory materials remotely; Visit offices in Holmdel, NJ, and Los Angeles, CA as needed.
- Unlimited PTO: work hard and take time when you need it
Reasons to Work with Us:
- Identified by Inc 500 as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in America and by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the most entrepreneurial companies in America, providing major growth opportunities alongside the growth company.
- Vydia has a mission-based culture that enjoys giving back to the community through a variety of initiatives and was named a Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ in 2021 due to its collaborative, fast-paced, and fun, thriving environment.
- Vydia CEO identified as 2021 Executive Technology Influencer by ROI-NJ, 2020 Billboard Indie Power Player, 2021 and 2018 EY Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist, and 2017 Tech Innovator of the year by the Asbury Park Press, and highlighted by Forbes, Rolling Stone, and NPR.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Salary Range - $85,000 to $110,000. The final salary stated in any offer of employment will be dependent on assessment of skills and experience during the screening process which may include but not necessarily limited to online skills test(s), technical, and behavioral interviews.