Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business. We are an IT services provider that delivers innovative Enterprise IT and Health Services solutions across the federal sector. Our focus is on data analytics, health informatics, cloud migration, and the modernization of federal information systems.
IGS uses ISO 9001:2015, 20000-1:2018, 27001:2013, 28001:2007, CMMI/SVC3, CMMI/DEV3 best practices, and PMBOK® methods to provide clients with a strategy to build solid foundations to grow capabilities and revenue. Our range of IT services and delivery methodologies are tailored to our customer's unique needs to achieve maximum value.
IGS is currently recruiting for the position of a full-time, remote Proposal Manager to support management with the proposal aspects of running the company.
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. The candidate will work remotely daily and will remotely access IGS systems and therein use approved IGS provided communications systems. Travel is not required; however, the candidate may be required to attend onsite client meetings as requested.
The Proposal Manager is responsible for managing the overall proposal effort and the short-and long-term assignments of the proposal team. In addition, the proposal manager will work with the team to prioritize opportunities that IGS should pursue and support Bid/No Bid decisions. The Proposal Manager will complete proposal materials, including the coordination of technical inputs, pricing, contracts, and final approval release to clients. The ideal candidate will also have a record of successful project or proposal leadership or facilitation, in addition, understanding the capture process is also required. The candidate will also support proposals (flex schedules) on an ongoing basis.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but limited to):
- Prepare and deliver all proposal volumes and required proposal deliverables
- Plan and lead proposal and proposal support activities, including development of proposal writing aids
- Develop a master proposal schedule and detailed proposal outline for all volumes
- Review RFPs and develop a detailed proposal compliance matrix
- Develop and maintain proposal checklist and tracking sheet
- Allocate proposal personnel and resources
- Issue effective proposal instructions and memoranda to the proposal team
- Develop pricing templates
- Control all proposal tactics, including theme, discriminators, and formatting decisions
- Approve, resolve, and control any RFP exceptions or deviations
- Lead kick-off meetings and color reviews
- Plan corrective actions after reviews to share with the proposal team
- Maintain status for the entire proposal
- Conduct regular proposal status meetings
- Conduct and manage meetings and agendas, document results and action items
- Document lessons learned following every proposal and ensure all proposal documents are included in the SharePoint site
- Ensure materials are readily available via SharePoint and shall be put together and customized for each opportunity, and new text will be coordinated with subject matter experts after the initial draft is developed by resource for compliance
- All drafts and RFP/RFQ/RFI/RTEP materials shall be loaded into central repositories
- Coordinate reviews and manage a schedule for submission
- BS in English or similar 6+ years of professional experience or four years of professional experience with a master’s degree
- Must have experience using SharePoint for collaborative efforts
- Must have strong experience as a proposal editing in federal contracting
- Must have strong experience with the proposal process and development of key lessons learned
- Ability to conceptualize a total proposal solution and the information needed to support the solution and then manage the solution development at the detail level
- Must have exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Excellent researching skills along with high attention to detail—critical
- Excellent analytical skills to understand how to connect the dots between trends and relevant information
- Strong computer skills and comfortable with the following software: MS Office Suite, Visio, Adobe products, Acrobat Professional
- Strong written and verbal communication to effectively work with the project team and various SME's
- Excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills required
- Strong process improvement initiatives and collaborative nature, identifying areas for improvement and providing suggestions for improvement on technologies and processes
- Ability to lead geographically dispersed teams
- Ability to understand customers’ needs and objectives – both IGS customers and ultimate customers who will evaluate the proposal
- Ability to lead teams to include:
o Identify, obtain, and organize the best resources to accomplish the job
o Communicate tasks and objectives to the proposal team – clearly and unambiguously
o Understand the proposal team’s strengths and weaknesses and maximize performance to meet
o Anticipate and resolve proposal challenges and problems
o Control the whole proposal process and the final product
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Self-motivator with the ability to work remotely as part of a team or independently with little supervision or direction
- Experience working for a certified women-owned small business (WOSB) supporting Federal government contracts
- Past experience supporting proposal management in Health IT
- Experience remediating and producing 508 Compliant documents based on Government standards
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Previous experience working with an Applicant Tracking System, Paylocity
- General knowledge of HR principles, employment, and immigration laws
- Ability to write job descriptions and compelling recruitment advertisements
- Highly professional ability to maintain tact and confidentiality at all times
- Remote work experience preferred
Successful IGS employees embody the following Core Values:
- Integrity, Honesty, and Ethics: We conduct our business with the highest level of ethics. Doing things like being accountable for mistakes, accepting helpful criticism, and following through on commitments to ourselves, each other, and our customers.
- Empathy, Emotional Intelligence: How we interact with others, including peers, colleagues, stakeholders, and customers, matters. We take collective responsibility to create an environment where colleagues and customers feel valued, included and respected. We work within a diverse, integrated, and collaborative team to drive towards accomplishing the larger mission. We conscientiously and meticulously learn about our customer's and end-users business drivers and challenges to ensure solutions meet not only technical needs but also supports their mission.
- Strong Work Ethic (Reliability, Dedication, Productivity): We are driven by a strong, self-motivated, and results-driven work ethic. We are reliable, accountable, proactive, and tenacious and will do what it takes to get the job done.
- Life-Long Learner (Curious, Perspective, Goal Orientated): We challenge ourselves to continually learn and improve ourselves. We strive to be an expert in our field, continuously honing our craft and finding solutions where others see problems.
Initiate Government Solutions, LLC (IGS) strongly recommends Covid vaccinations. Proof of vaccine will be requested but not mandatory for consideration.
Initiate Government Solutions offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision care, 401K profit sharing, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, an education assistance program, employee recognition program, spot bonuses, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, or disability.