Bluewave is seeking a Director of Asset Management to lead its Asset Management team. The Asset Management team will be responsible for solar and battery storage project intake during turnover, ensuring technical and financial asset performance, billing for revenues, contracting and managing subcontractors for field services and troubleshooting, creating and maintaining the asset register, budgeting, repair and refurbishment plans and executive reporting.
BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine, and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the renewable energy industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
- Responsible for managing P&L of operating assets against projected goals for revenue and expenses
- Lead, execute and manage O&M RFP’s, contract execution, performance and vendor relations
- Oversee FP&A for performance optimization, executive and investor reporting on asset and portfolio performance
- Create strategic operation plans (2-year cycle), annual asset operation plans, annual budgets for operating assets, repair and refurbishment plans
- Lead and manage a team of asset managers and field service technicians for the following tasks:
· Reporting energy and environmental attributes to various buyers, invoicing, monitoring AR.
· Manage lender/tax equity reporting, cash distributions, loan servicing, cash flow projections, etc.
· Ensure high quality asset intake during turnover from construction,
· Assess, monitor, and manage risk (a) operational, (b) commercial (credit/offtake), (c) suppliers (vendors/contractors), and (d) safety and environmental risk against asset operation plans
· Report and manage availability, run time, asset condition and capacity-utilization on electricity-related (energy and capacity) and non-electricity related (avoided emissions, societal) metrics,
· Establish and maintain documentation (document control and configuration control),
· Establish and maintain decision trees for Levels of Service: (a) preventive & predictive maintenance, and (b) repair, refurbish and replacement,
· Manage inventory of spares based on criticality and continuity requirements, track failures and corrective measures
· Establish emergency response plans; track and manage Incident Reporting and Resolution
· Bringdown of historical reports to support project financing efforts
· Monitor, maintain physical and cybersecurity perimeters and respond to incidents
- Must be curious to learn continually
- Good verbal communication, report- and business-writing skills
- Solid analytical and good presentation skills
- Ability to manage, train and motivate a team to deliver at their peak capability
- Advanced familiarity with Excel and BI tools (Power BI, Tableau etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or other relevant field from an accredited institution required
- Working knowledge of accounting/ERP systems (NetSuite, Dynamics) and asset management systems (IBM’s Maximo, 3-Megawatt’s BluePoint or other similar systems for ticketing and work order management)
- Advanced familiarity with Building Energy Management Systems or SCADA systems for solar photovoltaic and battery storage projects (such as AlsoEnergy’s PowerTrack, PowerFactors, Schneider Electric’s Exostructure for building energy management)
- At least 10 years' progressive experience with management of electric power generation or real estate facilities in the US; with at least 3 of those years managing a team
- At least 3 years’ experience with managing assets with non-recourse financing and tax credit investments
- 25%-30% travel expected for the position for office and site visits as needed. Remote applicants must be willing to travel to the Boston office at least once a month
- Familiarity or experience with wholesale or retail electricity markets or electricity trading; formal generator dispatch training from an ISO/RTO
- Familiarity or experience with community solar projects
- Experience deploying/managing a security or network operations center in the electricity domain
- Vendor, general contractor and subcontractor relationships or familiarity in the solar/storage space is a plus.
- Building and leading the Asset Management team
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.