Founded by Purdue University in partnership with community, industry, and academic leaders, Purdue Polytechnic High School prepares students to succeed in technical, STEM-related post-secondary programs and high-tech careers.
It is our mission that through STEM-Focused and real-world experiences, we empower students to create the world they envision by developing the minds of creative problem-solvers and skilled achievers.
Purdue Polytechnic High School inspires students to pursue their passion through the lens of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), hands-on and project-based learning, industry partnerships, and a flexible, personalized learning environment.
We aspire to create a world of equity where every student has the opportunity and access to achieve their goals and to realize their power to solve problems they encounter. We are intentional about building a culture of communication, collaboration, and innovation that creates a positive and supportive environment conducive to high academic achievement and long-term success.
The Head Varsity Boys Football Coach is responsible for all coaching-related activities. The coach is responsible for developing and sustaining a successful program with a strong emphasis on skill development, sportsmanship, teamwork, and character development. The Head Varsity Boys Football Coach's responsibilities are not limited to the playing season as events, season planning, player development, continuous academic monitoring, and other activities are involved in the facilitation of a successful program.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee all aspects of the school’s football program
- Recruit and train qualified assistant coaches
- Delegate specific coaching duties to assistant coaches
- Communicate expectations, plans, and schedules with players and families
- Monitor the academic progress of all players within the football program
- Support student-athletes who will continue on playing after high school
- Make connections with college coaches and recruiters
- Facilitate the eligibility and recruiting process for players and families
- Build relationships with players and coaches from feeder middle schools
- Work with the community outreach team to set up shadow days and school visits for prospective players
- Maintain strong communication with the MarCom team, booster club, community, fans, administration
- Adhere to all school, conference, and IHSAA policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all website and social media information is up-to-date and accurate
- Maintain accurate stats, records, and results
- Organize preseason family meetings
- Manage the equipment inventories and submit the inventory and improvement recommendations before the annual evaluation.
- Coordinate with the athletic coordinators/director and document all post-season items, including but not limited to post-season awards, changes to the schedule, assistant coaches meetings, and individual player meetings
- Other duties assigned by the North athletic coordinators, network athletic director, or school principal
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong written and public speaking skills
- Highly organized with the ability to work independently
- Strong professional relationship-building skills with the ability to connect with people from a variety of backgrounds