Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education with a minimum of one year experience working with low-income and homeless children and families. Experience supervising others is required. This position requires a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation. This person must pass and maintain Minnesota Background Study clearance.
• Must be reliable, motivated, and a team player.
• Enjoy working hands-on with children.
• Demonstrate strong organizational and supervisory skills.
• Have experience working in a structured children’s setting.
• Be familiar with children’s resources in the community, and have ability to access new opportunities.
• Demonstrate competency using computer programs such as Microsoft Word as well as ability to learn and use new systems as needed.
• Must be able to work some evening hours.
• Ability to read, analyze and complete documentation required by government agencies and communicate through speaking, listening and writing with residents and outside agencies.
• Self-motivation and the ability to work independently including prioritizing job duties.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Understand and be sensitive to the effects of trauma on an individual and its impact on successful residency, including an understanding of homeless populations.
• Skill in understanding and maintaining positive relationships with diverse residents, applicants and co-workers.
• Regular attendance, reliability and punctuality.
• Sensitivity and effectiveness when working with people from diverse backgrounds and with special needs.
Must be able to safely navigate stairs, bend, squat, kneel, reach overhead, and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Center City Housing Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, sexual orientation/identity/expression, marital status or familial status.