We are looking for people with a passion for world-class software development. The ideal candidate understands the importance of modern, maintainable, and scalable systems, and will join us in caring about the customers who trust Bestpass to manage their data. Bestpass provides a comprehensive payment platform with a focus on nationwide toll management for commercial fleets of all shapes and sizes. With more than 6,400 customers and more than 550,000 deployed toll transponders in the United States and Canada, Bestpass ensures data accuracy, consolidates payments, delivers invaluable industry expertise, and saves its users time and money. As a Software Engineer at Bestpass, you will be solving challenging problems that power more than 238,000 toll transactions daily, to the tune of $2.7 million toll volume daily. If you are excited about building a platform to support our rapid growth, let’s talk!
• Proficient in object-oriented programming, relational database design, and familiarity with web application development
• Familiar with Agile methodologies
• Passionate for learning new technologies and collaborating with colleagues on innovative solutions
• A team player, whether you are implementing a design from a colleague or leading the charge
• Able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
• A puzzle solver - debugging code, crushing bugs, and stomping technical debt is your forte, and you have fun doing it
• Bachelor’s or graduate degree in Computer Science, or a combination of equivalent education and experience
Bestpass is a unique and growing company in the Capital District (#4 in the recent Albany Business Review's Fastest Growing Companies). At Bestpass, you will find a collaborative work-culture that is dedicated to its employees' personal growth and development. A three-time consecutive winner of the Albany Business Review's Best Places to Work award, our fun and casual work environment stimulates creative thinking and encourages employees to challenge themselves, to better serve our clients. Come join a team of passionate professionals that works hard, makes a difference, and has some fun along the way!