Litigation Legal Assistant – St Petersburg and Tampa
Trenam Law is seeking to hire an experience legal assistant to support highly productive commercial litigation attorneys in our downtown St Petersburg office and in downtown Tampa. Ideally, candidates will possess the confidence and skills to quickly anticipate next steps and execute on assigned tasks with minimal instruction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists attorneys in serving their clients by providing legal oriented, professional support.
- Follows attorney directions in preparing, formatting and editing complex legal documents, such as briefs, motions, contracts, letters, etc.
- Coordinates calendars; interacts with clients, either in person or by telephone; answers or directs inquiries. Makes document revisions as directed.
- Maintains relationships with clients, referrals, courts, etc.; collecting and distributing contact information, preferences and other information.
- Schedules meetings, court appearances, legal deadlines & appointments, setting priorities, and conserving attorney’s time. Maintains calendar.
- Delegates administrative work as appropriate to the New Matter/Time/Expense and Document Specialist to ensure attorney needs are met efficiently.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in, as available, Practice Group activities; training; related reading; and through personal networks.
- Enhances organizational reputation by taking ownership and striving to exceed expectations. This includes potential changes in responsibilities as needed.
- May have access to an attorney’s or paralegal’s email and monitor incoming/outgoing email for information relevant to matters.
- Clocks in and out daily and at lunch for accurate time records. Notify Supervisor/Chief People Officer of anticipated overtime prior to working additional time.
- Exemplifies a professional demeanor, communication style and appearance.
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Detail oriented
- Accuracy, error-free data entry
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality of assignments
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Ability to use the firm’s Aderant financial software (time-entry, conflicts) Windows/MS Office Software/Document Management Software and learn new technologies
- Team oriented, Personable and Collaborative
- Communication Proficiency, both written and oral
- Committed to excellence in all job responsibilities
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. There will be some overtime as assistants are sometimes expected to work beyond 5:00 to finish a project or to help fulfill client obligations. Though we have remote capabilities, the person in this role should expect to be in the office every day.