Frantz Ward is actively recruiting a Corporate Associate with a concentration in M&A, and transactional law to join its corporate practice that works with a global client base that spans multiple industries The Associate position within Frantz Ward works closely with clients and other attorneys to manage a transaction from beginning to end. They conduct research to properly advise clients, develop strategies, gather evidence to support claims, prepare legal documents. The associate attorney provides updates and regularly consults with senior associates and Partners.
- Provide counsel in all areas of corporate formation, operation and governance, and business strategies and development
- Draft agreements for corporate governance, succession planning and business continuity, including by-laws, shareholder agreements, close corporation agreements, operating agreements, buy-sell agreements and stock restriction agreements
- Prepare offering and financial disclosure documents to comply with the requirements of both state and federal securities regulators.
- Advise firm clients on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and other corporate transactional matters
- Analyzing and summarizing complicated legal documents, including contracts, and suggesting alterations to those documents
- Synthesizing legal research and analysis into a coherent written memorandum or brief for submission to a client, court or arbitrator
- Performing discovery of various electronically stored data and hard copies of information in preparation for litigation
- Negotiating with outside parties on contractual issues and legal disputes, including settlement conferences
- Anticipating and mitigating potential legal problems within the law firm or for a client — and developing strategies to avoid costly litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
- Performing due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements, and mergers and acquisitions
- 3-5 years of corporate law experience;
- Broad experience in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including drafting and negotiating acquisition agreements and ancillary documents, and otherwise managing and closing transactions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills requires;
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills;
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work and develop skills independently;
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team;
- Deals courteously and effectively with others;
- Ability to handle multiple projects, shifting responsibilities, organize and prioritize work;
- Ability to work well in demanding and fast-paced environment; and
- Flexibility to adjust hours and works the hours necessary to meet firm and client needs.
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Active membership and in good standing with the Ohio Bar
- Outstanding academic credentials
Equal Employment Opportunity is a fundamental principle at Frantz Ward. In keeping with this principle, Frantz Ward does not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state or local law.
Frantz Ward LLP believes we provide a stronger and better place to work, think, and grow when we draw from the views of a diverse team. We strive to recruit, employ, and support individuals who contribute to our diversity. We recognize that achieving a truly diverse working environment is an on-going process, and we continue to foster diversity to ensure that everyone at Frantz Ward has a meaningful professional experience.