Microscopic analysis of GYN and Non-GYN specimens for cellular abnormalities. Also will assist with Histology duties including but not limited to small specimen grossing.
• Perform Microscopic analysis of GYN and Non-GYN specimens for cellular abnormalities such as bacterial and viral infections, cancer, meningitis, and other disease under the supervision of a Pathologist.
• Assist in collection, preparation, processing, instrumentation and interpretation of body fluids for cytologic evaluation.
• Record daily screening and workload volume and maintain strict compliance to set workload limits.
• Complete yearly proficiency testing with acceptable results.
• Perform Cytology QA functions.
• Assist with Histology duties including but not limited to small specimen grossing.
• Strong Computer, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Must be able to work independently, responsibly and perform repetitive, highly-detailed microscopic work for long periods of time.
• Adherence to all Safety policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Cytotechnology, Medical Technology, Biology or related field preferred.
• Must have graduated from an accredited school of Cytotechnology, be certified Cytotechnologist, or qualify as a Cytotechnologist under previous CLIA regulations of September 1, 1992.
• ASCP certification as a Cytotechnologist • Minimum of 3 years of full-time experience in the last 10 years.