Manage day-to-day contract review and follow up to support business growth. Support resource for policy governance and development of protocols. Cross-functional support to certification team.
1. Review and recommend amendments to legal documents including, but not
limited to subscription contracts, NDAs, BAAs and suggest revised language
for supervisor review.
2. Obtain factual information from clients and third parties if clarification is
3. Utilize, maintain, and recommend changes as needed to contract forms,
standard clauses, and guidelines.
4. Identify unacceptable contract provisions and provide alternative option to the
Chief Compliance Officer for consideration.
5. Develop, implement, and maintain tracking system of document versions
generated during the negotiation process.
6. Organize and file documents into contract-review workflow software.
7. Develop and maintain dashboard metrics that can be displayed daily to key
8. Develop and distribute to key internal stakeholders monthly report on
identified contract restrictions by client.
9. Track deadlines and work with key stakeholders to ensure timely review and
10. Develop, maintain and distribute reports to track workflow status and
11. Serve as primary contact for questions or changes to contract workflow or
barriers to execution. Coordinate resolution recommendations with Chief
12. Serve as primary contact to coordinate with clients to obtain signatures and
distribute final contracts.
13. Establish and implement internal notification process to key stakeholders on
contract execution and hand-off to delivery and implementation teams.
14. Establish and maintain workflow for subsequent supporting contract
documents including but not limited to, scope of work, contract amendment,
change orders, renewal terms or termination notification.
15. Follows written procedures and scripts.
16. Track trends in contract requested changes, workflow recommendations to
improve efficiencies, and other requested trend metrics by supervisor.
17. Develop, implement and monitor corporate contract approval process for
external vendors (BCR third-party vendor relations and leases).
18. Develop in collaboration with accounting team billing notification procedure.
19. Consults with team leadership and peers on case work.
20. Communicates immediately to team and leadership all obstacles to
21. Meets and exceeds departmental expectations for accuracy and productivity.
22. Contributes subject area expertise to determine processing guidelines and
assess if standards have been met.
23. Utilizes documented team processes to ensure compliance with departmental
24. Provide supervision to the legal administrative assistant for efficiencies in the
contracting workflow management processes.
25. Assigns and supervises project work and duties to the administrative support resources.
26. Assist in training the administrative support resources to meet department needs.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree required and 5 years’ experience as a transactional paralegal
preferably reviewing, revising, and negotiating contracts. Must have experience
working directly for an attorney.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved school preferred.
Intermediate decision making on contract changes. No management responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skills
Ability to thrive in a high volume, fast paced position. High organization, motivation and
independent time management. Excellent communication, proofreading, organizational,
and computer skills required. Ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities and
deadlines. Ability to work independently, with flexibility and adaptability. Strong
communication skills, both written and verbal. Sharp critical thinking skills with sound