The Printer, Inc. (TPI) is a full service printer specializing in complex variable data printing in the casino gaming industry. We are a privately held company that has been in business for over 40 years. TPI is always looking for committed, hard working, self-motivated individuals that take pride and accountability in their work. TPI rewards their employees with competitive salaries.
We are currently seeking a full-time 2nd Shift Prepress Technician to work on-site in our Des Moines, IA location.
Position Summary: The Prepress Technician is responsible for day-to-day preparation of customer supplied electronic (graphic) files for offset or digital printing. Create imposition templates using Preps and output and inspect plates for litho printing. This is a full-time position which at times will require overtime and weekend work.
- Monitor project schedule/board for job status and priority.
- Communicate effectively with the Supervisor, informing and providing updates regularly to guarantee that overall production and customer objectives are met.
- Complete all required volume, workflow, and quality control tracking logs.
- Meet all goals assigned by Prepress Supervisor.
- Ensure preventative maintenance compliance for all Prepress equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working production knowledge Kodak Prinergy or similar electronic prepress workflow.
- Good written and verbal communication skills for meetings, calls and interactions with Senior Managers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with time constraints which may include working with other departments to eliminate issues such as non-conforming output and maintain quality standards.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud products, specializing particularly in InDesign, Photoshop Illustrator and Acrobat.
- Must have Base knowledge of printing processes and procedures for Litho/Offset and Digital printing.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5+ years equivalent work experience preferably using Kodak Prinergy in a production environment.
- 5+ years relevant experience in direct mail or related industry preferred.
- Preps Imposition software experience preferred.
Physical Demands: Must be able to sit for extended periods. Some standing and walking are required. Continuous vision required for detailed work. Frequent hand/wrist/finger movement for data entry.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position. Typical work week is Monday through Friday. 2nd Shift Hours, 12pm to 8pm. Typically works 40 hours per week with 5-10 hours over-time as needed.
TPI recognizes that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of the job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.