About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 170 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington DC and Tempe, Arizona.
The system administrator is responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting the company's computer systems. They will investigate and analyze the feasibility of system requirements, and recommend the design and configuration of operating systems and applications. This individual must have exceptional communications skills, and be able to explain technical information to non-technical staff.
- Assists the Director of IT in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future infrastructure needs.
- Conducts research on desktop products in support of PC procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluates and recommends products for purchase.
- Assists the Director of IT in developing and delivering ASG Security Awareness Program
- Conducts research on Next Generation Cyber Security platforms.
- Evaluates and recommends products for purchase.
- Continuous improvement of ASG’s Security posture
- Supports LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and Intranet systems.
- Monitors networks to ensure security and availability.
- Assists in the configuration of Firewalls, routers, switches, and VPN’s.
- Maintains System efficiency and 99.98% uptime.
- Leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel.
- Administers servers, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Analyzes and develops Group Policy objects to promote efficiency with deployments, security, and scripts (logon/logoff, etc.).
- Assists in maintaining Active Directory objects, synchronization, and server roles.
- Manages Microsoft Hyper-V environment.
- Demonstrates high standards of professionalism, character, enthusiasm, and passion.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Possesses strong presentation skills. Accountable for actions with demonstrated confidence and initiative to make visions a reality.
- Displays a mentor mindset in teaching staff while being equally receptive and flexible to new and creative ideas.
- Ability to manage challenging issues.
- 5+ years experience with Windows desktop and server operating systems
- 5+ years experience with Active Directory Management, Virtual Server Management, and Windows Clusters
- Working Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMTP, IIS, SSL, Internet
- Infrastructure and IP Information tools
- An employee-ownership mindset.
- 1-2 years’ experience with Firewall, Network and VLAN configuration
- 1-2 years’ experience with Amazon Web Services, Office 365, and Windows Business Applications
- 1-2 years’ experience with remote monitoring and management
- 1-2 years’ experience with Virtual Private Networking
- 1-2 years’ experience with high availability environment
- Experience with next gen Antivirus
- Experience developing a Security awareness program
- Experience with backups, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning
Minimum Required Experience, Education, and Certifications
- Associates Degree in computers, mathematics, or engineering related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience, experience in the AEC industry a plus.
- One or more of the following certifications required: A+, Net+, Microsoft Certified Professional (has passed one or more Microsoft tests related to Servers, Active Directory, Network Infrastructure, or Microsoft applications such as Exchange or SQL)
- Travel to DC and Arizona Offices several times a year is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture to the community.
ASG is a respected leader in the community offering comprehensive benefits and a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.asg-architects.com. Please include a link to your online portfolio with your resume.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.