As a member of the SetPoint Medical Administrative department, the Human Resources Manager is a multi-faceted position that plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the company’s recruiting and human resources functions and performance in compliance with all applicable federal, multi-state and local laws. The HR Manager is an individual contributor who will help organize and build the HR department in the coming years. The HR Manager will help support the current team of 65 employees and develop plans to assist with the growth of SetPoint. The HR Manager will work collaboratively with the Sr. Management Team on strategic and tactical management planning and development of SetPoint’s goals and objectives. The selected candidate will work under the direction of the Vice President of Operations.
- Manages the day-to-day HR functions and advises employees in understanding and implementing related policies including compensation, benefits, retention, training, performance management, employee engagement, and professional development.
- Formulates, recommends and aligns best practice recruiting and HR initiatives with the company’s strategic business goals.
- Determines priorities within the scope of the recruiting and HR functions to further the company in becoming an employer of choice.
- Originates and trains to company policies including the creation and promotion of the employee handbook.
- Provides guidance and training to managers and employees on personnel matters. In collaboration with outside counsel, investigates formal employee complaints and recommends the company’s response. Ensures that legal and ethical requirements are met with respect to hiring, terminations, non-competition, non-solicitation, and other high-risk areas to minimize exposure to liability.
- Recommends and manages employee benefit programs for the organization. Interfaces with insurance carriers/brokers as necessary to evaluate benefit plan options, resolve claims, eligibility or billing issues. Assists employees and dependents with benefit related questions. Audit benefit invoices and payment requests for all various medical, dental, life/disability, 401k, and EAP policies.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws in all hiring and employee relations practices, including the benefit related laws of FMLA, HIPAA, EEO, and COBRA.
- Manages the annual performance, compensation, equity, and employee award programs for the company including competitive analysis, design, and on-going administration.
- Originates and conducts new hire orientation program for all employees and ensures all necessary documents are signed and filed appropriately.
- Networks with others in the HR and recruiting fields and keeps well-informed of best-in-class business practices.
- Attends conferences and seminars as required to stay up-to-date with employee/employer law.
- BA, BS or equivalent required. Business, Humanities, Psychology or Human Resources optimal.
- Professional certification preferred such as SPHR, PHR, or SHRM.
- Evidence of ongoing education in field preferred.
- Highly-skilled in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel and the ability to learn additional programs as needed.
- Experience with HRIS a necessity.
- 7+ years progressively responsible experience with a mix of HR and hands-on recruiting roles.
- 3+ years operating in a supervisory or management capacity.
- Multi-state employment law experience preferred.
- Early-stage, high-tech or medical device company experience preferred.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity beyond reproach. Is recognized for establishing and maintaining relationships based upon mutual respect and inspiring confidence and trust in everyone with whom there is interaction.
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and solve complex problems with minimal supervisory input.
- Takes a strategic approach to the position, with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to work effectively with and relate to all levels within the organization.
- Self-motivating and passionate for innovation and quality.
- Team skills that demonstrate inclusiveness, decisiveness, good facilitation, a process improvement orientation, approachability and a willingness to give feedback and develop subordinates.
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills.
Salary Range: $90,000 - $120,000, depending on experience
Company Headquarters in Valencia, CA
SetPoint Medical is an early-stage medical device company developing the first implantable neurostimulation device for the treatment of chronic inflammation.