Responsible for tracking hazard and other insurance required on commercial loan collateral. Enters new loans into database system and sets up tickler for tracking insurance. Ensures all information related to collateral and insurance is correct. Contacts insurance agents to request new policies 30 days prior to expiration. Contacts borrower when agents have not responded to the requests for proof of insurance on funded loans. Provides timely customer service to all borrowers, partner lenders, and internal customers as needed.
• Enter insurance information into database system.
• Ensure insurance agent contact information is correct and includes mailing address, phone/fax number and email.
• Verify collateral requirements (insurer, property address, minimum insured amount and mortgagee clause)
• Set up tickler reminders on all new loans.
• Notify agent 30 days in advance of insurance policy expiring via email, fax or phone call. Request new insurance certificate.
• If agent has failed to respond to request to provide policy, contact borrower. Advise borrower that the loan is not in compliant with SBA regulations unless the renewal is received.
• Scan/Upload incoming mail into BMI.
• Handle various general office tasks such as imaging documents and answering customer calls as needed.
• Provide back up to other positions within the department.
Minimum of 1 year of experience in general customer service.
Strong software and computer skills including data entry, scanning, uploading, and MS Office suite or Google
High School Diploma
Ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer for extended periods of time.