CDC Small Business Finance is a leading U.S. small business lender and award-winning nonprofit. Over the last four decades, CDC has provided more than $13 billion in loans to 11,000 entrepreneurs...and counting.
Unlike a traditional lender, we have the flexibility to offer affordable loans to a broader range of small business owners seeking financing for building purchases, major equipment and working capital, among other purposes.
As a non-profit organization, our mission is to support those who face the greatest obstacles in securing capital: women, minority and veteran-owned businesses. Our business loans have also played a critical role in bolstering economic development, helping create or preserve more than 180,000 jobs in California, Arizona and Nevada.
- Generate customer-centric content for corporate and external use that expands the company’s digital footprint, increases brand awareness, educates, drives website traffic and attracts sales leads
- Create content including but not limited to the corporate blog, website copy, checklists, infographics, e-books, marketing collateral and slideshow stories
- Utilize a writing style that creates an emotional connection between our brand and the impact it has on our customers and communities
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the company’s multiple target audiences and the challenges, motivators and pain points they face
- Ownership of the company blog – continually evolve the blog to optimize reach, increase lead generation and grow subscriber base
- Build guest blog program to maximize influence and access to new audiences
- Maintain a pipeline of potential success stories, case studies and news to publish on a regular basis
- Create companion social posts for each blog – stay up-to-date on most effective social
- posting strategies
- Monitor breaking news, industry trends, customer and partner behavior/insights and study data to inform new content ideas
- Knowledge of best practices for incorporating SEO strategy into content
- Interpret complex issues and present them in an engaging and effective way
- Translate internal and external data into compelling stories
- Expertise in interviewing subject matter experts, script writing and video/photo art direction skills
- Coordinate and manage outside writers as needed
- Ability to work with individuals from all levels of the organization
- Work closely with the marketing team on cross-functional projects
- Collaborate on government relations efforts including editing of testimony, speeches, presentations and general communication with elected officials
- Art direct and collaborate as needed with designer, web developer and videographer/photographer
- Measure and report on content performance
- Develop key message library for corporate access/use