Reports to the Director, Career Center System, and undertakes a variety of administrative and program management tasks. This position helps in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carrying out important operational duties. The Coordinator helps Career Center System team operate more efficiently.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Organize and manage project specific tasks and activities.
• Provide administrative support to Director and assist with special projects.
• Assist director and managers with procurement planning and administration, contract preparation and administration, file reviews to prepare for audits, and validate program data.
• Assist in the compliance and monitoring of operations for all state and federal regulations (i.e., WIOA, TANF, ES, TAA,etc).
• Prepare required and supplemental programmatic reports as needed.
• Coordinate special events, create, and distribute invitations, attend events to lend support, coordinate technical equipment, and assemble presentation/information.
• Assist Director and team to plan, coordinate, and administer Career Center system activities, to include developing and implementing related procedures, processes, services, and systems.
• Assist Director and team to monitor and evaluate the program effectiveness, investigate trends, recommend, and implement modifications to improve program effectiveness.
• Coordinate with communications team to ensure website, social media posts and marketing materials are accurate and revised as needed.
• Schedule and organize meetings. Create and maintain meeting agendas and minutes.
• Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.).
• Assist in the tracking and investigating of customer complaints.
• Exhibit professionalism, diplomacy, and ability to appropriately interact with staff, participants, employers, and local stakeholders while maintaining working relationships in all aspects.
• Assist in the preparation of management and board committee presentations.
• Keep track of updated records, reports, proposals, and grants.
• Ensure implementation of policies and practices.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Two (2) years of relevant professional experience. Equivalent combination of professional work experience, training and education may be substituted for formal education requirements.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
• Demonstrate ability to support cross-functional teams.
• Position will be a hybrid position with the expectation to work onsite at assigned Detroit at Work Career Centers
• Must be able to conduct research on a wide variety of data sources.
• Must have the ability to discern highly confidential materials and documents. Maintains an appropriate filing system for all confidential materials.
Background check and drug screen required.
The Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC) is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within our organization. DESC actively seeks applications from women, persons of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups.