Join Our Team of Safety Professionals
Safety Management Group is a nationally recognized professional service organization that provides workplace safety consulting, training, staffing, program planning and implementation.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401k with employer matching, paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products.
Safety Management Group is seeking a Safety Advisor – Columbus, OH (Southern Ohio territory)
The key function of a Safety Advisor is to put Safety at the forefront of their job, makes the client’s needs priority, works well in a team setting, is self-managed, and is flexible when it comes to change. The Associate in this role will be working in a General Industry and Construction supply environment.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
• Site safety observations including documentation of findings
• Facilitate corrective measures where warranted
• Representing the contractor or Owner in progress meetings
• Verify compliance with safety policies and procedures as required by law and the owner
• 5+ years of General Industry or Construction Safety experience
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of construction safety in an industrial setting
• Minimum of 5 years direct safety management experience
• Degree in safety or related fields
• OSHA 30 - Construction Course
Experience preferred in the following area:
• General Construction experience
• Certifications including CSP, ASP, CHST, OHST
Come join an elite group of Safety Professionals!
Safety Management Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.