Provide technical assistance to computer system users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for company personnel concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Oversee the daily performance of individual personal computers and printers.
- Maintain and install PC hardware and software as directed.
- Utilize help desk means to answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of parts for emergency repairs.
- Diagnose hardware and software problems. Install and perform minor repairs to hardware and software. Prepare evaluations on hardware and software. Replace defective components or make recommendation for upgrades.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel to facilitate purchases.
- Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Work with Quality and Training personnel to develop training materials and procedures. Train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Document computer security and emergency measure policies, procedures and tests.
- Read trade magazines and technical manuals, or attend conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of hardware and software.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of the Helpdesk Application
- Respond to Help Desk Tickets in a timely manner
- Prioritize Tasks to maximize efficiency
- Detailed SOPs for use with training and education
- Be able to accurately diagnose and fully perform fixes of hardware and software.
- Be able to attend and present in Applied Learning situations to maximize the learning experience.
- Ability to create, modify and analyze reports to ensure that data is accurate for company use.
- The ability to take practical knowledge and apply it to our business.
- Be able to track, manage and complete projects and convey status to all parties involved.
- Ability to effectively speak in front of peers and convey a message in an effective and fluent manner.
- The ability to resolve issues in situations that promote Hill Brothers values.
- Ability to follow minute details in an outlined SOP.
- Ability to follow through on assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Be able to take information given and translate to a decisive and accurate decision.
- The ability to prioritize tasks based on critical business needs.
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Comply with company policy and procedures.
- Consistently reports to work as required and completes normal work hours.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: One to Two years related experience
Proficient with Windows 7, 10
Proficient with Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016
Experience with a variety of software applications
Thorough knowledge of PC/Laptop hardware
Experience in Network cabling
Good dexterity to be able to work with small tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to write and speak using correct grammar
- Work in a fast-paced, moderately high stress environment