Pilatus is hiring an Avionics Installation Technician to join our aircraft completions team in Broomfield, CO. In this position, you will perform avionics options and STC installations in addition to fabricating, assembling, installing, and terminating avionics wiring harnesses for aircraft modifications. You will also perform continuity, power, and ground checks along with post-installation operational checks of installed equipment. This position requires both a technical and analytical focus while working within established company standards and procedures. Take your career to the next level by joining Pilatus Business Aircraft!
- Complete installation of aircraft options and modifications
- Mark wires, assemble, and terminate using crimp and solder techniques and test wire harness to engineering drawings for installation in aircraft
- Perform pitot/static system modification and testing including FAR 91.411 and 91.413 certification
- Record work progress in job cards, acceptance test procedures, and other production documents
- Inspect incoming aircraft and parts as per repair station manual
- Adhere to company procedures, FAA, and FOCA regulations and guidelines
- Use safety equipment and comply with all safety requirements in accordance with company and government regulations and guidelines
- Clean and detail aircraft and assist in aircraft movement
- Maintain a clean, safe, and healthy work area
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by manager or project lead
- Regular attendance and willingness to work overtime as required
- Minimum of three years of relevant avionics installation experience in PC-12 and PC-24 or similar aircraft required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Two years of relevant avionics/technical schooling preferred
- FAA A&P license or meet requirements of FAR 65.101 to obtain a FAA repairman certificate preferred
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and work instructions
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs and work in restricted spaces
- Ability to use hand tools and specialized test equipment
- Proficiency in general computer use and MS Office software, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must qualify as a U.S. person in compliance with ITAR 22 CFR 120.15
What We Offer
- 11 paid holidays a year, plus 15 days of paid vacation time, and 6 days of paid sick/personal time to start with an increase to 20 days of paid vacation time after 5 years with Pilatus
- 90% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for single coverage and 80% for family coverage, averaging $9,600 annually
- Monthly health savings account (HSA) contributions totaling $2,250 for single coverage and $3,000 for family coverage annually
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 6%
- Life and long-term disability insurance premiums paid in full
- Tuition assistance available annually after the first year
- Hiring range of $22.00 - $36.00 per hour depending on experience
Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd was founded in Broomfield, Colorado in 1996. Pilatus’ new 118,000 square foot facility is custom-designed to conduct aircraft interior and exterior completions for all PC-12 NG and PC-24 aircraft delivering to North and South America. This new completions center consolidates the operations Pilatus has performed at the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport for over 20 years.
With over 2,000 employees and about 120 apprentices at its headquarters in Stans, Switzerland and completion center in Broomfield, Colorado, the Pilatus family unites people from over 40 countries. We offer a secure, innovative, international, and sustainable work environment. Courage, vision, and outstanding performance have made us a strong company. Our culture is shaped by a high level of quality awareness, close customer relationships, and a high degree of employee commitment.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To submit a paper application, please mail your resume to 12300 Pilatus Way, Broomfield, CO 80021 Attention: Human Resources. No walk-ins please. If personalized assistance is needed to complete an online application for this position, please email email@example.com with your request.