The Main Responsibilities
• Reads blueprints, or drawings, and inspects the product to determine the size and shape of container, materials to be used, and types of supports and braces to be used.
• Lays out dimensions on materials with measuring tape, and pencil.
• Assembles materials, using pneumatic nail guns, screws, bolts, hot glue, and various hand tools
• Places product in the container, manually or using forklift or crane.
• Bolts heavy machinery to bottom of box or skid.
• Wraps and pads product with foam, plastic and foil barriers.
• Also, can fabricate crate or box around large or odd-shaped articles.
• Wraps and tightens metal or polyester bands around crate, using banding equipment.
• Attaches identification labels or stencils containing such information as shipping destination, weight, and type of product contained on the crate.
• Repairs broke crates or skids as directed by supervision or drawing.
• May count items to be packed to ensure compliance with shipping orders.
• (Manifest items being crated, record material receipt numbers)
• May weigh loaded crate.
• May move containers to shipping area, and move lumber, or other packaging supplies to crating
• Other general warehouse duties as assigned