FT Staff Non-Union
This position is required to assist residents and other providers rendering patient treatment within the Graduate Orthodontic Clinic. This position assists providers chairside as well as assisting with the management of the ordering and stocking of the materials and supplies for the department. 40 hours per week guaranteed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist chairside in the Orthodontic Faculty Practice. Set up instruments and materials for each procedure, assist during bonding, banding, remove/tie-in arch wires, and patient instruction procedures. Clean, disinfect unit after each procedure following proper OSHA/infection control guidelines.
- Assist with electronic chart documentation as necessary.
- Scan/record 3D/digital study models.
- Expose and trace appropriate orthodontic radiographs and/or properly use other ortho software.
- Oversee inventory assuring proper supplies are available for patient care. Order supplies and materials as necessary following proper school and university purchasing protocol.
- Assist with initial orthodontic patient record procedures and maintenance/follow ups.
- Assist with electronic patient appointment scheduling.
- Assure that the clinic and labs remain OSHA compliant following proper infectious control protocols.
- Assist in the maintenance of instrument cassettes including recommendation of replacement instruments as necessary. Determine which cassettes need to be sent to the manufacturer for sharpening or rebuilding on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Assist in other areas of the dental clinics as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Associates Degree or some college coursework preferred.
2 years' experience as an Orthodontic Assistant in an Orthodontic Dental Office.
Current Radiology Certification
Current CPR Certification or attainable within 30 days of hire
Current UDM HIPAA and OSHA Certifications or attainable within 30 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Competent knowledge of orthodontic materials and procedures.
- Competent at exposing, processing and mounting radiographs including Panorex and cephalometric radiographs.
- Experience working with an electronic health record.
- Must be quality service oriented with the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent keyboarding skills with strong PC computer skills.
Must have good manual dexterity to perform necessary duties with the patient in the dental chair.
Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach with the ability to move freely throughout the building.
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Monday through Friday
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
40 hours/week guaranteed