The Capital Projects Manager will perform capital project management tasks on existing assets and be responsible for coordination of physical plant due diligence on new acquisitions. This individual will work with engineers, architects, contractors, local property management operations teams and other consultants in project budgeting, contract administration, scheduling, construction management, change order negotiations, and project closeout. Assets will primarily include multifamily residential projects throughout the intermountain western U.S. This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in capital project management, due diligence, and/or building system and physical plant maintenance. The successful candidate will have an excellent knowledge of building systems and the construction management process, be willing to travel, and be highly energetic, adaptable, and committed to the future growth and success of the company.
Project Management responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Coordinate with architects, engineers, landscape architects, interior designers, property managers, property engineers, contractors and other team members on the design and scope of underwritten of various capital projects.
- Obtain quotes from contractors, vendors, and suppliers for FF&E and other items for capital projects, and to work on establishing preferred client pricing from select vendors as applicable.
- Coordinate with on-site property management and engineering staff to complete applications for applicable city and utility permits.
- Coordinate capital project implementation with contractors (or local designated owner’s representatives in certain instances) while maintaining and managing construction schedules, project timeline, and budgets.
- Attend OAC meetings when required.
- Work with the on-site operations teams to increase building efficiencies and reduce operating expenses.
- In conjunction with the asset manager, provide capital and R&M assumptions for incorporation into the annual budgets, and build a long-term capital plans for each asset.
Due Diligence responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Manage, negotiate, and execute contract terms and scope with design consultants and due diligence consultants.
- Review due diligence reports for thoroughness and accuracy, and provide recommendations to management on required capital projects to address property deficiencies, including a suggested timeline for necessary capital projects or maintenance.
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Based in Fort Collins or Denver, CO; Remote hybrid position
Brinkman employs a robust Total Rewards Strategy comprised of competitive compensation, profit-sharing, medical/dental/vision insurance, tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts, short-and long-term disability, ancillary insurance plans, and a 401(k) with a 4% match.
We also offer generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid parental leave and we deliver on our commitment to making a positive impact in the communities where we live, work, and play through our Volunteer Time Off and community impact programs.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or other related field, or 10+ years’ experience in capital project management, due diligence, and/or building system and physical plant maintenance.
Well-qualified candidates will have or be:
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and to plan, organize and prioritize responsibilities in order to consistently meet deadlines
- Experience in negotiating construction contracts
- Familiarity with reading and understanding project plans
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet applications
- Ability to work well in a team environment and to delegate tasks
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement
- Excellent communication, team building, resource management, and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly to a variety of audiences from company leadership to property team members
- Meticulous attention to detail and passion for excellence, but also adaptable to change and committed to process improvement
- Willingness to travel 30-45%
This job posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all activities, duties, or responsibilities required of this role, and the nature of this role is subject to change at any time based on performance and/or the needs of the business.
Brinkman is committed to finding top talent from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, to provide broad and inclusive decision-making for future success.
This job posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of this role, and the nature of this role is subject to change at any time based on performance and/or the needs of the business.