The primary responsibilities for this position are handling first level support. Respond, troubleshoot, generate, and update service ticket for BCS client. The technology includes but not limited to enterprise Voice, Data, Video, Wireless, Cloud, and Security.
- IT support relating to desktop technical issues involving Microsoft’s core applications, Business applications, operating systems for PC (Windows 7 and higher) and MAC (OS X), Cisco VoIP phones, and peripherals
- Responsible for technical break/fix support for all application and desktop support currently deployed in production
- Interface and maintain effective communication with clients’ end users and other BCS team members when analyzing, updating and resolving tickets
- Identify proactive ways to reduce the number of issues and support calls in the environment (reduction in quality, interruption or failure of a BCS service)
- Author and maintain technical documentation on system support models, common issues and solutions
- Build new systems according to established BCS and clients’ standards for hardware and software applications, as needed
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Participate in Projects to ensure complete understanding of new and upgraded systems
- Identification of opportunities for continuous improvement (upgrades, security and update patches, etc.) of systems in production
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed properly in ConnectWise of incident or request progress and notifying them of impending changes base on client’s SLA
- Create new tickets on ConnectWise: To obtain and evaluate all relevant information for service issues and request, according to procedures.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in order to exceed customers’ expectations and to minimize escalations by taking ownership of customer reported issues.
- Escalate client support tickets to appropriate resource following the escalation process and procedures
- Data entry may be required for new and active clients
- Responsible for entering time and all work with proper updates in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Continually advancing your knowledge base through certification courses. Refer to Employee Handbook for reimbursement policy.
Required Knowledge Skills, Experience and Abilities
- CompTIA or A+, Network+, Microsoft MCP, Cisco CCENT
- Advanced understanding of operating systems (Windows 7 or higher and MAC OS X), printing systems, network topology, Linux/Unix command
- Skills in troubleshooting, solving problems and root cause analysis
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Capability to manage own workload while meeting team goals and business needs of the company.
- Proven aptitude to work well in a team or independently with minimum supervision.
- Desire and capability to work and make timely decisions in a rapidly changing and uncertain environment
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems, analyze possible root causes and educate customers to perform troubleshooting
- Illustrated diplomacy, tactfulness and empathy when dealing with customers
- Exemplified ability to defuse escalations and high tension situations
- Well-developed ability to appease customers experiencing service outages and difficulties
- Ability to listen actively and ask clarifying questions to seek understanding
- Experience going above and beyond duty to delight customers
- Must have a genuine drive for customer satisfaction and retention
- Ability to adhere to schedule
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
?*Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.