We seek a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to be at the center of LineVision’s technical strategy and execution, working to deliver on key strategic initiatives that enable the acceleration of a net-zero grid. You will have high visibility, autonomy, impact, and opportunities to stand up value delivery improvements from the ground up.
The successful Technical Program Manager will:
- Ensure successful delivery and adoption of key strategic initiatives and project deliverables that enable company-wide OKRs.
- Act as a servant leader focused on consistently improving value delivery results and cultivating an environment that enables the team(s) they’re working with to operate as effectively as possible.
- Build an infrastructure of project management best practices that contributes to the knowledge, expertise, and culture of delivery excellence at LineVision.
- Effectively and proactively communicate to stakeholders and customers to foster alignment, remove/mitigate risks or blockers, set expectations, and reset expectations when changes occur.
What will you do?
Core Responsibilities and Key Performance Objectives
Within Three Months:
- Ramp up on LineVision technology, business and development processes
- Deliver meaningful outcomes that can be adopted by internal stakeholders or LineVision customers through managing in-flight initiatives (programs, projects, and/or features)
- Kick off new initiatives per LineVision’s OKRs and establish structure for successful value delivery
- Identify areas of improvement, quick wins to expedite value delivery via consistent, repeatable processes aligned to SDLC
- Support the value delivery of LineVision's OKRs and work to resolve/mitigate blockers & risks
- Facilitate cross-functional team (squad) ceremonies such as sprint planning, retrospectives, sprint reviews, etc. and identify how to take action to improve the team’s effectiveness and engagement.
Within Six Months:
- Become the trusted, go-to source of information on programs, projects, and value delivery execution to our internal teams, cross-functional stakeholders and partners
- Provide project management infrastructure and enablement through the creation of best practices, frameworks, processes templates, and tools.
- Enable improved quality and delivery excellence through servant leadership and consistent measurement of squad effectiveness
- Consistently measure and improve internal lead time, cycle time, deployment frequency, and velocity of the teams you are working with
- Work directly with our customers and internal teams to support the operationalization of line ratings into a utility's EMS
Within a Year and Beyond:
- Mentor and coach others looking to grow their project management / value delivery skills
- Build a track record of delivery excellence by acting as a key strategic partner to stakeholders and consistently achieving adoption and project schedule milestones per scope, resource and budget constraints
- Foster adoption of project management, CI/CD, SDLC, agile, and change management best practices through contribution to the PMO, coaching/mentoring, and internal change management.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Strategic Planning - you will enable and support LineVision's strategic planning, helping to effectively manage and enable the initiation, execution, and tracking towards OKRs
- Portfolio Management - you will manage a subset of a project portfolio and be expected to anticipate blockers, risks, impacts, dependencies across the portfolio
- Program and Project Management - you will manage cross-functional key strategic initiatives - programs, projects, features - that are driven by LineVision's strategy, OKRs, and product vision. You will be accountable for the success of these initiatives as well as managing their scope, schedule, cost/resources.
- Change Management - you will enable adoption of your initiative's deliverables, be the point of contact for project-related communication, and help LineVision internal stakeholders as well as customers adapt to the changes your initiatives deliver.
- Servant Leadership - you will be responsible for the efficiency and effectiveness of the cross-functional teams that you work with, in some cases you may act as a scrum master helping the team stay on track, remove obstacles, measure and communicate delivery performance, and facilitate scrum rituals (planning, sprint reviews, retros, standups, etc)
- Process Management and Governance - you will help enable effective and streamlined value delivery by creating, implementing, and governing better ways of working (best practices, templates, enablement, processes, structure, frameworks). You will be accountable for ensuring that these meet the needs of the teams you're working with, are adopted, and can scale to other teams at LineVision.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and influence without authority - you will be accountable for using your best judgment to make decisions, act with high autonomy, obtain buy-in for your ideas, and ask for help when support is needed.
- Knowledge of Agile Project Management Frameworks and Tools: you will use your knowledge of agile value delivery methodologies (ex: Scrum, Kanban), SLDC, and/or HW development and related tools to foster alignment across the teams and stakeholders you work with, provide regular insight into planned and in-flight work, and measure results
- Nice to have: Experience working wit and configuring tools like Confluence, Jira, and Aha
What does joining LineVision mean for you?
- Positive Impact. Your talent, time, and energy will critically impact our success in providing utilities around the world with solutions to increase the flexibility, efficiency and safety of their grids for a cleaner and electrified future
- Real World Data Science. Data science jobs that combine real-world sensor data, and impact a critical real world system like the electricity grid are rare. We give you the opportunity to think like a scientist, and have a direct business impact.
- Growth. You will have the opportunity to grow a team and guide process improvements to support exponential install growth & calibration complexity. This role will be hands-on directly with cutting edge LiDAR, EMF and geospatial data. You’ll have opportunities to work with many cross functional teams, getting exposure to just about every aspect of LineVision’s business.
- Innovate - You will have opportunities to develop disruptive ideas, challenge the status quo, contribute to establishing the culture, and help determine the future of LineVision
- Distinction. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current grid system
- Ownership. You hold broad responsibilities with high autonomy in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment with others.
- Remote-first - "work from anywhere"
- Competitive Pay & Benefits
Who we are…
We are a rapidly growing technology company, enabling electric utilities around the world to lead the clean energy transition with enhanced transmission grid flexibility, increased resiliency, and more grid capacity for renewable energy. We provide utilities with our patented, non-contact sensors for the real-time monitoring and predictive analytics they need to accelerate the path to a net-zero grid.
- We are a team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about helping to solve the biggest challenges facing today’s electric grid
- We believe unlocking transmission capacity is critical to the resilience of our future grid and the ability to integrate renewables at scale
- We value and benefit from the wide-ranging perspectives that come from a diverse and inclusive work environment
- We are committed to providing:
- Situational awareness to help grid operators make informed decisions on the physical position of their conductors that can help to prevent damage and fires
- Dynamic Line Ratings to increase capacity by up to 40% on existing transmission lines with real-time monitoring while improving reliability & safety
- Asset health monitoring to improve maintenance strategies by creating a digital twin to determine the true conductor health
LineVision Inc is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
For more information, visit http://www.linevisioninc.com