Reports To: Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt/Full-time
Compensation: $40,000 -- $49,000
Location/Travel: Based out of the corporate office in San Antonio, occasional local errands as needed
The Accounts Payable Specialist at Circle of Care with Empower Behavioral Health (EBH) is a key member of the accounting department here as a Circle of Care employee. This individual is responsible for receiving, processing, and verifying invoices related to accounts payables (AP). Working in a fast-paced, growing organization, this position is focused on the ever-growing needs of the team. This position will rely heavily on communication and multi-tasking abilities while having great attention to detail.
One must conduct themselves in accordance with the company employee handbook, and all other responsibilities/tasks as required, ongoing, and assigned. This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills, and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing outgoing payments while ensuring vendors get paid on time
- Accurately review, code, and process all vendor expenses to the general ledger
- Maintain accounts while staying in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Managing vendor database
- Ensuring payments are accounted for and posted
- Generating all AP reports
- Sending reminders put and contacting our clients
- Any other duties assigned to the accounting department
Attention to Detail
Drive for Results
Excellent Oral and Written Communication
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Reliable Transportation
- Availability Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Office, Word, and Excel
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and growing organization
- Previous experience working in AP or bookkeeping
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
EBH and Circle of Care provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.