We are not your typical financial advisor and we are not looking for the typical candidate. We are a team of authentic, humble, passionate, reliable, dedicated, and compassionate individuals. Our goal is to find and reward great people that support our collaborative work environment. Our passion for providing industry-leading service to our clients is what drives us. We are looking for team members that can make us even better!
For almost three decades, Dowling & Yahnke has been part of a revolution in wealth management that has now spread throughout the industry — independent, transparent, and world-class financial advice driven by personal relationships and free of competing incentives.
We started our firm for a simple reason — it was the right thing to do. While others have copied our model, we continue to lead the way through a commitment to continuous education, a time-tested and academically supported investment philosophy, and unwavering dedication of excellence to our clients.
For these reasons, Dowling & Yahnke is one of the largest independent, fee-only wealth advisory firms in San Diego, managing approximately $4 billion for more than 1,000 clients. We serve high-net-worth clients by offering objective financial planning advice and investment management services.
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, and experienced Executive Assistant to join our team, reporting to Will Beamer, President, CIO and Principal. The ideal candidate will be friendly, personable and professional. The Executive Assistant is expected to make a direct and critical impact to the business by providing professional support.
• Primarily supports senior Principal in executive assistant role, including scheduling, confirming appointments, maintaining calendars and contacts; coordinating projects and meetings or conference logistics, personal assistance activities; provides limited support to other partners.
• Event planning, including meetings and employee seasonal event support.
• Facilitate phone and e-mail communications; route client work to appropriate personnel; follow up on outstanding client actions; manage future needed items for clients.
• Prepare and handle highly confidential and privileged documents and reports such as: letters, expense reports, check requests, and other documents; scan, copy, fax, e-mail, file.
• Coordinate and handle travel arrangements and itineraries.
• Backup for front desk and other administrative staff, regular project work, and additional duties as assigned.
• Five+ years equivalent work-related experience, providing executive administrative support to top management.
• Financial services experience highly preferred.
• Highly proficient with MS-Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and computer literate.
• Exceptional phone, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Superior English language skills, including grammar, spelling, reading, writing and speaking. Business writing experience is essential.
• High school diploma required; college degree highly preferred.
• Professional, personable, tactful, efficient, and self-motivated.
• Possesses the ability to proactively anticipate needs and opportunities, takes action when appropriate.
• Strong interpersonal skills and sense of teamwork valued. Enjoys working with people and building relationships with coworkers, clients, prospective clients, and other key contacts.
• Strong organizational skills, multitasking, accuracy, service-minded, and meticulous adherence to details required. Thrives in a dynamic, fast-moving environment with multiple priorities and tasks.
• Entrepreneurial-minded approach to business; small/midsize company experience preferred.
This position is exempt and is paid according to the laws of the State of California.
Dowling & Yahnke offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package and profit sharing plan. The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a full background/credit check at the offer stage.
Dowling & Yahnke, LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. No relocation assistance is offered for this position; candidates not residing in San Diego County, CA will be responsible for relocation at their own expense. Eligible candidates will be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States without support; sponsorship is not available.