We seek a Senior Software Engineer to work with a tight-knit group of highly motivated software engineers in a collaborative environment to help architect the design of our real-time monitoring and analytics systems to secure the future of the grid.
The successful Senior Software Engineer will work with the group to design, develop, and deploy solutions that help unlock additional capacity on existing lines, provide insight into conductor health, and detect anomalies and risks in a proactive way to ensure the safety of the grid.
What will you do?
Core Responsibilities and Key Performance Objectives
- Design, Develop, and Support APIs and Microservices using Python and Node TypeScript
- Build back-end systems in Python that will ingest and provide real-time, historical, and forecasted operational performance data about electric power infrastructure.
- Drive process and system improvements as well as evaluate new technology along with our Software Architect
- Within Three Months:
- Learn how our products work and get familiar with transmission lines and Dynamic Line Ratings (DLR)
- Get a high level understanding of the software projects the team is working on
- Understand our deployment process
- Within Six Months:
- Collaborate with the team on implementation practices for incorporating new algorithms optimized for computational performance
- Develop an area of expertise where you can help lead the vision for scale and how ties to the overall product architecture
- Mentor and coach other engineers to level up their skills
- Within a Year and Beyond:
- Research and identify possible platform improvements for the group to implement
- Help support other groups within the organization to define roadmap ideas as we define the next-generation transmission line monitoring technologies
- Train new team members on our technology and processes
- Assume a leadership role at LineVision as we scale
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with SQL and AWS services such as Lambda and serverless computing a plus
- Proficiency in both Object Oriented and Functional Programming Paradigms
- Knowledge of Core Software Engineering design patterns including IoC Inversion of Control/Dependency Injection, Observer, Repository, Service Layers, Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with Algorithms, Data Structures, and performance considerations of each
- Experience working with large volumes of time-series data
- Outstanding remote-team and client/partner collaboration and communication skills
- Passion for improving the efficiency and reliability of the grid
- Experience working with electric power transmission/distribution, renewables, etc. a plus
What does joining LineVision mean for you?
- Impact. Your talent, time, and energy will critically impact our success in providing utilities around the world with solutions to increase the flexibility, efficiency and safety of their grids for a cleaner and electrified future
- Real World Innovation. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current grid system.
- Growth. You will join a motivated and high-performing team helping LineVision scale from a 50 person company to market leader, serving utilities around the world and solving one of the key obstacles to the clean energy transition
- Distinction. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current grid system
- Ownership. You hold broad responsibilities with high autonomy in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment with other scientists and engineers
Who we are…
We are a rapidly growing technology company, enabling electric utilities around the world to lead the clean energy transition with enhanced transmission grid flexibility, increased resiliency, and more grid capacity for renewable energy. We provide utilities with our patented, non-contact sensors for the real-time monitoring and predictive analytics they need to accelerate the path to a net-zero grid.
- We are a team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about helping to solve the biggest challenges facing today’s electric grid
- We believe unlocking transmission capacity is critical to the resilience of our future grid and the ability to integrate renewables at scale
- We value and benefit from the wide-ranging perspectives that come from a diverse and inclusive work environment
- We are committed to providing:
- Situational awareness to help grid operators make informed decisions on the physical position of their conductors that can help to prevent damage and fires
- Dynamic Line Ratings to increase capacity by up to 40% on existing transmission lines with real-time monitoring while improving reliability & safety
- Asset health monitoring to improve maintenance strategies by creating a digital twin to determine the true conductor health
LineVision Inc is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
For more information, visit http://www.linevisioninc.com